Just found out some bad news about medicaid.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjcookie, Nov 8, 2005.

1. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

I didn't realize that I would not get Medicaid after my son's 19th birthday. I didn't realize that I had to have children to get this. I still have two years but if I don't get a hearing within those two years and receive SSDI, I am going to be in big trouble.

I can't believe that this is the way it is. So many people are in need. Of course, if I was here from another country, there would be a program for me. Doesn't that stink?
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I'm sorry for you. If we would put more resources into our own people the country would be better off, I think.

Please excuse me if I make any spelling errors had my eyes examined a bit ago and everything is blurry.

So you have two more years of Medicaid and then, that's it for you? Well I surely send many wishes to you to get your SSDI.

We surely seem like a suffering bunch trying to get a few dollars to live when we are unable to work anymore.

Hope everything will work out for you. My family doc outfit I have been seeing now for 25 years doesn't take our health insurance as of 2006. They said as of 7/1/05, but are taking it, just you have to pay up front. Then they get money after you file a claim and they send the money back to you. Really stupid if you ask me, but that is only until the end of the year.

Hugs,
    Faye
  3. vp

vp New Member

I am single with no kids, and get medicaid here in Ohio.

Are the rules different in your state?