Just found you guys

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by momofgjc, Dec 25, 2006.

1. momofgjc

momofgjc New Member

I was diagnosed with Fibro by my dr a little over a yr ago. The dr before that said I didn't have fibro and that fibro was a much overdiagnosed disorder..bla bla bla. I suspect I have had it for over 20 years, but back then my dr was calling it housewife syndrom.

I am 47, and take Cymbalta which seems to help me some. It helps with the depression over the pain and it has helped a little with the pain. Not much, but it does seem to take the edge off if you know what I mean. I would love to go to the chiro regularly, but our insurance doesn't cover it.

Do you think stress makes your symptoms worse? I ask because my MIL moved in with us almost 6 mo ago and I am so stressed all the time. She has (we suspect..she see's a dr next week) Alzheimers, and some days I want to scream. It makes it incredibly hard to have any time to yourself.

I have never had anyone to talk to about the fibro symptoms, so I wanted to ask if anyone else had any of these, on top of the pain and stiffness (what I would give for a day with no pain!! OMG)

1. Alternating sleep disorders....excessive sleeping alternating with times when you can't sleep

2. Soreness in the chest wall, along with tightness at the base of your neck/throat

3. Burning sensation in mouth

I see the tingling in your arms is normal, what about leg cramps? Restless legs? Do you seem to have more pain on one side than the other? Weakness in your hands/arms?
    I also am seeing that the head fog thing is normal. I thought I was just losing it when this happens. Do you have joint and muscle pain, both?

I am sure I will have more questions as I think of them. Thanks!!
  2. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

momofgjc .. I don't respond much to posts .. read them when I can though ..
    YES ! STRESS is a HUGE factor .. and in your situation it will magnify how badly you feel .. I'm sorry you have to handle that .. it makes things very tough for you.

I was diagnosed almost 5 years ago .. but like you I know I had this longer .. and it is advancing .. some people say it doesn't but that isn't the case for myself and many others.
    It takes some time to find the right combination of meds that work for you .. I'm still trying different things .. but the base med that helps me is amitriptyline .. old anti-depressant but works on the nervous system to dull pain impulses .. I have also moved on to Lyrica for the burning and tingling sensations ..

I won't go on and on about what I take .. unless you have questions .. the huge problem we face is finding a doctor that is right for us .. one that will script pain meds .. because we suffer so much from that.
    Fibromyalgia is never alone .. there are always other tag along conditions .. I have hypothyroid and a internal goiter ( more hidden in my throat) .. many of us have thyroid problems ... you may want to make sure your doctor does thyroid testing !
    Also MVP .. leaking heart valve .. tinnitus ( high pitched noise in my right ear) may or may not have been caused by meds ..

Lots of things other than fibro can be wrong and make things worse for you along with stress.
    I hope your doctor is decent and starts really looking at the BIG picture for YOU !
    Fight for help .. other wise you are going to be miserable.
    I hope you do find relief some how !
    Good Luck !
    Joy : )
  3. charlenef

charlenef New Member

to the board yes yes yes yes all your symptoms are right on target . again welcome charlene
  4. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

CFS and FM seem to involve common viruses. The CDC says that 85% of the US pop has Epstein-Barr virus.

As I research it all, it seems like our immune systems are depressed first, then these viruses come in and take us down. Many of us blame it on viruses or a certain stressful event but everyone else gets viruses and has these same stressful events too. I think that the root cause are toxic exposure to something...like heavy metals.

Do some research on your own with toxic metals...my symptoms line up well with mercury toxicity. I'm starting a chelation program using Cilantro, chlorella, vitamin C and ALA. Mercury can be displaced with Selenium.
  5. Line

Line New Member

I have sore spots in my chest every day to some degree, I am really having a rough time with them now. My brother passed away on Dec. 22 nd and I know stress makes everything with this dd worse.

I also get the burning throat, leg aches, you name it. My chest and collar bone get so sore I can barely stand clothing on also breast tightness and pain.

My pain use to be left sided from the waist up and right sided from the waist down, figure that out, now it both sides.

Hugs, Linda

6. jole

jole Member

Sorry you have to be one of us, but glad you found us!! Yes, your symptoms fit in with ours. And stress - well, it can send you right over the top. Sorry you have to deal with having your MIL live with you at this time. I know that has got to add to your symptoms. But it also shows you are a good and caring person!!

Friends -
    Jole
  7. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

I hope you find understanding from others as helpful as I do! Your's sounds like a classic case. Remember you will have good days, too!

Jana