Just got approved

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mphoward, Jun 17, 2006.

1. mphoward

mphoward New Member

I just got letter that I was approved , it only took 3 1/2 years since I got sick, what happens next , how long before you get money, any information would be helpful, it said I should get a letter 30 -45 days from now explaining the bebfits.
  2. LouiseK

LouiseK New Member

Well, congratulations! I understand this is a hard road. As it is one I am about to start on I would be most appreciative of information from you as to what they approved you for (conditions) and what you did to make your case understandable and credible. I assume you mean Social Security, yes?

Any info would be most appreciated.

Contragulations again and best wishes for improved health.

LouiseK
  3. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

On the Victory...

Would you mind sharing their determination as to what illness you were approved for?

I know many of with these dd's fight the good fight for so long yet the final winning factor is depression or such...

Again, so happy for you...I am still waiting but look forward to posting my victory soon...

Peaceful days ahead~Alicia
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

share your infor for some others here...you age is helpful//

fill in your bio a little..

it is helpful for some people applying and going thru the agonizing task of waiting and fighting for ssdi/ssi

jodie
  5. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Love to see posts like this! I'm so happy it worked out for you, must be a huge relief.

((((Hugs))))
    Pam
  6. kb101

kb101 New Member

Congratuaaltion on your approval.
    For those who have asked, you need to seek out the Social Security Disability web site.
    There is an area there that spells it out very plainly as to what they will rule positively on.
    However, I would also suggest that you get an attorney before you even try to file for the first time.
    We're not experts in that area and you might need an expert eye to sort through your information and get your packet arranged just right.
    I was accepted my first time out.
    I had an attorney.
    The fees are regulated so they can only take a percentage of your award and they don't charge or get any money unless you win your case.
    My acceptance letter and money arrived almost on top of each other. My process was very fast.
    The whole thing took less than 3 months on the first try.
    Good Luck to those who are waiting and trying for benefiits at this time.
    KB
  7. suzetal

suzetal New Member

As far as how long some get it in weeks .But the norm is 60 days.

I called my SS office and cried at how much I needed the money. I did this 30 days after my bench approval.Well they sent me half of my back pay 2 days latter.

It went right into my account .Than I waited another 30 days and nothing.It took another call and than I got the rest of my back pay and started getting my check.

WTG Hope its fast for you.

Sue
  8. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

I'm going back to school and I promised what of the ladies I used to work with(who is like a mom) if I have alot of trouble at work I will try for SSD- which she told me I should have last year-

Anyways, I am stubborn and gotta give vocational training a run... My goal is the most positive thing I have had for a long time...

Excited you got it-
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It took me 3 years. You should have a nice fat check when it comes.

Love, Mikie
  10. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

Big Congrat's

So happy for you. Really helps to take a little stress off. Do something nice for yourself when you get your backpay you deserve it!!

((Hugs))
    ~Bluerose~
  11. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I'm so happy that you won your case.Linda