JUst got back from hearing:)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by claudiaw, Mar 14, 2006.

1. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I am so glad it is over, I feel like I am going to collapse!
    I feel like I could have done a bit better, but I was so nervous, I'm just glad I didn't pass out!:)

My advocate said I did great and see's no reason why I would not be accepted, but of course there are no guarentees.

Now I have to wait 60 to 90 days to find out anything.
    If I did get it I have no idea how long before I would get a check.
    we need the money sooo bad.
    I think I need to take my med's and take a deep breath and just de-stress now.
    Thank you for listening and thanks to those who wished me well.
    Claudia
  2. paige51

paige51 New Member

Hearing was the first of the year, have not heard anything yet. Cannot understand what takes so long.

You can't help from feeling stressed out. Hang in there.

paige51
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Claudia:
    Congratulations! As for the check for me: it started arriving before the acceptance letter. That is the SSA for you. Always a curve ball.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

So glad it went well...prayed for you.

Sue
  5. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

and everyone else who prayed and wished me well.
    I so appreciate it.
    This is one of the most stresful things I have had to do.
    I just hope I get it after all this!
    Wow, getting a check before the letter, now that's a miracle!:)
    Thanks again, I am pooped! Time to relax and not worry about what I could of or should have said!:)
    Claudia
  6. zerped

zerped New Member

My appearance before the judge was 5 weeks ago; haven't heard anything yet. It's good that you had someone there with you, and that their take on things was so positive. You have the right to a copy of the hearing. My office said to simply ask in a letter and they will send a CD with the recording of the hearing. I like knowing that I have "back-up" on these things. If I need to go to the fourth and final level, I can use it to show what happened (or didn't happen).

Again, congrats!
  7. libra55

libra55 New Member

glad to hear you made it through! Hope the money comes soon. and hope little Max is doing ok too.

(((((Hugs))))))
    Michelle
  8. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I just woke up from a 3 hr. nap!
    That hearing wiped me out.
    I don't know if I want a copy or not, I would just pick apart everything I feel I should have said or not said.:)
    I tend to be hard on myself and a worrywart.:)
    But it is good to know i can get one, my husband may like to have it since he was not there.
    Do I request a copy from the court ( SS office)?
    Thanks again for your thoughts.
    Claudia