Just Got Cristy Lane's CD Set

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Mikie, Jul 24, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I love Gospel music, not so much the new stuff, but the old standbys. I sent for the CD's advertised on TV. Of course, they want you to listen to all kinds of pitches in addition to the CD's which I declined, but I did order the country music CD for an extra $9.99. The whole thing with S&H was $29.98 for 3 double CD's. They also pressure you to spend $4.99 for express delivery. Otherwise, they tell you it could take up to six weeks. Mine came in a week without it, the same time it is supposed to take if you spend the extra $4.99. You really have to watch it with ordering from TV or computers.

Anyway, the CD's are wonderful. She has such an easy way of singing and her voice is beautiful. I am really enjoying these CD's.

Love, Mikie
  2. mamafurr

mamafurr New Member

i haven't heard of her but will look her up on the net to see if i can hear some snippets.

always love to hear of some "new" Christian music.
    i love mercy me. i've been listening to the "imagine" song all morning. over and over....the family is on a camping trip so cranking up the speakers.

also they have a new song call God Speak...it is so beautiful..you can listen to snippets of it on this Christian channel i listen to. i think it's so cool when you can do that.

glad you are feeling better. i have been out of it and not paying alot of attention to everything i should be. (yea i can write so much slander about tom brokaw tho! LOL sorry)

p.s. my neighbor and i just started studying the Bible, and we do it at 6:30 on thursday nites. what do you all do on here? do you go on chat? do you all pass letters back and forth...or do you just wonderfully pray?

love
    :)
    +
    alice

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Our Prayer Night is designed to storm Heaven with our prayers. We figure if everyone in North America, U.S. and Canada, are all praying at the same time, it will make more impact. That is why we start on the East Coast at 11:00 p.m., 10:00 Central, 9:00 Mountain, and 8:00 Central.

There is no posting or e-mailing involved. We just each pray privately in our own homes, knowing that everyone else is doing the same. It's totally nondenominational so that everyone and anyone can participate.

I just love this idea. It was started a long time ago by a member named Billie who has not been here for quite a while.

I was laughing at the thing about Tom Brokaw because I did notice tonight that he was having trouble following the teleprompter, but I think he may have some kind of medical problem. I would be willing to bet that at some point, something will come out about him one way or another. I hope he is OK.

Love, Mikie
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

That is so wonderful for you and your neighbor to start a Bible Study. I used to do that also. We started with two of us, and before we knew what was happening, we had as many as 20 people coming to our little study!

Many young teens were saved during those studies. The Lord will truly bless your opening His Word.

Do remember us all in prayer at your study, and I will pray that He blesses it for both of you.

I would love to have a Bible Study at my home again. I so enjoyed that.

Shalom, Shirl

5. mamafurr

mamafurr New Member

thank you so. it is late. the boys are gone camping and i am listening to michael w. smith. i praise our Lord so. and love you guys. i must say the thing about brokaw...praying he really will be ok. i know i come off sounding like such a jerk sometimes. no harm meant. its the "Lord keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth" thing. i mean no harm....i just can be so verbal. pray for my quieting of criticism against others.

i just came on here after i got off the phone with my brother who i wrote about in another post. he says "exercise" is the key....he ripped me upside and down the other because i missed a drs appt because i was feeling so bad. he just doesn't get it. like everyone else. i try to explain...he just says don't make excuses to function.

i love you all
    :)
    +
    alice
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Don't concern yourself with what others think. It's a waste of time and counterproductive to our healing. Also, please do not concern yourself about the Brokaw thing. I wasn't exactly kind in my comments about bad rugs but I don't care. God is all forgiving and we should be too.

Love, Mikie