Just Got Down In The Floor and Cried/ Anxiety?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Aug 28, 2009.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

I am not sure if I have completely gone crazy or just a cfs phase.. I didn't sleep at all last night even with the xanax..Finally got out of bed this morning and my head felt so weird , like pressure in head and ears ..I just felt like I was losing my mind so went to the bathroom and got down in the floor almost screaming..I am not sure if its the cfs, that is casuing this or if its just anxiety/depression.

Another thing is I bet I have urinated 50 times this morning is there a connection, who knows.

I am seeing a new doc Mon. if I can get there but being new I hate to start all over with all my complaints. She will have my previous records but she may put me in a psych ward.

Then wondering if I am having a relaspe from daughter and gran being here a month..

Just venting as I feel so scared as to what is happening to me..

2. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I am so sorry you are going through this.

Whether this is psychological, physical or both, it sounds like you need to see a doctor today or give the doctor's nurse a call and explain what is going on. If you do not feel safe or having suicidal thoughts call 911.

Peeing 50 times is not normal.

Wishing you all the best.

3. misskoji

misskoji Member

I am sorry you are suffering. Gap is right, peeing that many times seems to send up a red flag.
    I would ask to be seen sooner than Monday.

It sounds to me like a combination of CFS symptoms and anxiety, one making the other worse. The cycle is relentless. Been there many times.

I sure hope you are ok and that you find some relief soon.

4. greatgran

greatgran Member

Thanks for your reply. I can't see a doc today and since I am a new pt. the doc or nurse knows nothing about me so no luck there. I am NOT suicidal at all just scared . Last Friday I had forgotten but had a day almost like this one. Could this me MCS symptoms? no sure but I did get into some strong colone yesterday or day before.

The Peeing I would think might be bladder infection but have no other symptoms so guess I will wait till Mon. Who knows I do hope I will find out something Mon. but somewhat doubtful. I have been in bed most of the day and taking xanax so feel some improvement .

Thanks and God Bless,
  5. greatgran

greatgran Member

Thanks for you input. So you have been this way many times, sorry anyone has to go through this . I have rested and taken xanax and feel some better , nothing like I would like.

Not sure what this peeing but hope to find some answers Mon. but know nothing about this doc so we shall see.

Thanks and God Bless,
  6. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

I'm so sorry you are feeling like this. Gentle hugs

I would agree that peeing that many times doesn't seem normal. Are
    you drinking water?

I too have been having anxiety problems and lately I've had a few times
    where I feel like I'm going crazy ~ it's sort of like I get over stimulated from my
    family and I feel like my head is going to explode and it's definitely a scarey feeling.

I hope the new doctor will listen and try to help you.

Please let us know how you are doing and how the appt goes.

Gentle hugs and prayers, Pansy
  7. daboysone

daboysone New Member

with the peeing are you also experiencing any other symptoms such as: painful urination, short frequent urination episodes, spasming while urination, blood in urine, increased thirst etc... could be a simple bladder infection or something more serious such as diabetes...hope you make it to the Dr. soon, watch your symptoms carefully and document..especially increased thirst, sweating, dizziness, light-headedness, pain with urination, bloody urination, short spurts of urination (not a good long flow) pain when stopping urination...etc...keep us updated! Keep a journal from now until your apt and if possible go to the apt fasting (no food or drinks from midnight the night before until your apt time) just in case they want to do fasting blood work to rule out things...that way you don't have to make another trip to the Dr's the next day for these tests! Good luck! M
  8. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

So sorry you're having such a hard time. I can relate to how you feel. I break down a lot. I know we've spoken about this before but anxiety is one of the main symptoms of Hormone dysfunction. CFS causes hormone dysfunction and so can Post Meno. That's one possibility anyway.

I pee alot like that too all the time. I think that's common with CFS. I've noticed that it's always much worse when I get the flu and I've just had a really terrible one, so they're going around. Flus are weird now too, they don't always seem like the regular flu so that's a possibility for you. Your body may be trying to eliminate a virus you picked up.

I feel pressure in my head a lot too from flus and CFS. I know how disconcerting all of this is. It helps me when I tell myself why I may be experiencing things. I know CFS is very brutal. Look how many people end up completely bedridden from it. I'm pretty much there myself.

I hope you can find some peace of mind about all of this. I do think you sound very normal for a PWC.

9. greatgran

greatgran Member

Thank you for your support. I hate the anxiety but guess this is all a part of CFS . I am feeling somewhat better this evening but not like I would like . The peeing has slowed down and I am drinking water.. Will keep you posted on the appt. I sure hope I can get my point across and she will be knowledgeable of CFS.

I did read up on MCS symptoms and frequent urination is one of them plus the depression/anxiety and the way I felt. Not sure but that is one thing I want to address.

Hope your anxiety eases up and yes it is like over stimualtion..

God Bless and thanks,
  10. greatgran

greatgran Member

No, I am not experiencing any other symptoms except the freguency of unination, I have checked my blood sugar and blood pressure all normal . Yes I am going fasting as my appt is at 9 am . I just hope I can make it.

Thanks for your reply and help.

God Bless,
  11. greatgran

greatgran Member

Glen, I had been doing better with sleeping some nights 6 hrs but this week I go to sleep ok but can't say, always waking up but last night I couldn't even get to sleep even with extra xanax.. I am sure something was going on and not sleeping just added to the misery.

Teejkay, yes we have spoken so much about our symptoms.. I don't know why I have this darn anxiety and get so scared but I do . Now that I am calmer I have had this happen before and it probably will again this time just seemed worse.

I hear of so many being bedridden and like you I hope that doesn't happen but I have been in bed most of the week. Getting more housebound and it does scare me..Thanks for your encouragement and I hope you are no worse.

Love and God Bless,
  12. Empower

Empower New Member

we are in the same boat

I too am going through a bout of severe insomnia

I hate it! I am hoping it will pass soon, for me and for you

Last night, I opened the window and listened to the crickets (we have many) and it did lull me to sleep

Feels like the whole world is asleep but me. I did have a mini breakdown last week triggered by lack of sleep

Meanwhile, my dog and my husband snooze away!!!

I pray we both get a good night sleep tonight

13. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Yes what you are experiencing is scary, very, very scary. I have had anxiety attacks several decades ago and think I have an underlying anxiety disorder. Anxiety is also a natural outcome of our DD.

Are you lucky enough to have a walk in clinic where you can be checked for a bladder infection. There is one, actually five walk in clinics, affiliated with my hospital and they only charge the regular co-pay. They will tell you if you need to go to the emergency room.

While I don't have insomnia, my sleep is not restorative. I think sleep is a big component in how we feel emotionally and physically. As someone said it is a vicious circle. I would do just about anything to wake up refreshed. and relaxed. I don't even remember what that is like.

Here's wishing that everyone getsa refreshing nights sleep. We can toast this with a glass of warm milk, though that may be an Old Wives Tale and not prudent for people who are lactose intolerance. But you get what I am saying, LOL!!

Keep us updated.

14. fifthofanickel

fifthofanickel New Member

can cause anxious feelings. Esp. when having them in your home for a month..Yikes, I know I would be screaming too...And I'm not being flippant, believe me. I need my space & do what I can to take care of myself. None of my family "gets it"..They think I'm just having "one of my spells".

I was to a grandgirls b'day party last Sat. & there are 3 adult sis' that attend these family functions. And I mean to tell you their voices get to a screeching pitch during their "talking"...One tries to top the other, talk over each other, then they get louder & louder..I'm still recovering from it. Sensory overload affects my tinitus, my nerves & my anxiety levels.

I can tolerate one overnite from a member of my family, but that's it..I still need a few days to recuperate. I can't imagine having anyone for a month....I would love to do it, but it would be impossible.

I surely hope you can find some relief soon..I have to just lay around & have it peaceful & quiet. That's what works for me anyway...I pray you are getting plenty of that & "come down" from all of this.

Praying your Doc visit goes well for you, & relief is obtained...Take it ez on yourself til your app't....

15. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

The peeing loads is common with CFS and can have no apparent cause but can also go through periods of being worse and also getting better.

Earlier this year, I was peeing every few minutes so it seemed and was desperately thirsty the whole time. I am neg for DI btw. I was starting to panic about just how bad this was going to get. It was getting really difficult to get out for this reason alone let alone all the other symptoms I contend with!

Suddenly after a stressful period, weirdly, it turned around and whilst I still drink and pee much more than the average person, it's nowhere near as bad as it was.
    I find this with a lot of weird symptoms - just when you think "I can't bear it anymore" and "what's going to happen if it gets even worse" they improve some.

My illness waxes and wanes a lot and whilst this is "encouraging" as I now know there seem to be good and bad cycles, it can lead to severe anxiety, panic attacks and/or depression.

I wonder if you should take more of the Xanax if you are feeling so overwhelmed and also find ways of distracting yourself from focussing on the overwhelming nature of this illness.

I know this is easier said than done but having been through the a breakdown myself and at the time feeling there was no way out and that I would never recover my old personality, gradually by trying to focus on positives, however small, trying to stop the anger and bitterness towards people in my life and the consequences of the illness on my own life and finding something good in each day, I have turned things round and now feel much happier.

Please know you are not alone and you won't always feel like this - things will get better but it is a process and not a sudden change.

Gentle hugs,

Bunchy x

16. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so sorry to hear this. You are in my prayers. Please let us know what you find out.

Every now and then, even with my Klonopin, I will have insomnia. It leaves me feeling like, as my Mom used to say, "I've been dragged through a sick cow."

Klonopin is in the same family as Xanax but it affects the level of GABA in the brain. It is an anti-seizure/anti-spasmodic med. It is supposed to quiet the misfiring/overfiring of the neurons in the brain so one can sleep. It is much harder to wean off of than Xanax, but that is the only side effect I have noticed. I may have to take it for life. For me, it has been a miracle drug in reducing anxiety, sensory overload, insomnia, pain, spasms, and tinnitus.

Before I started taking it, I freaked out in the car when I realized I couldn't remember how to get to my doc's office, a place I had been to many times. Tapping noises or blinking lights will start the seizure activity, even with the Klonopin. I've had to ask coworkers and customers to please refrain from tapping on the counter when I'm working. They don't even realize they are doing it (perhaps they could use some Klonopin :) I apologize for having to ask and explain that I have a "seizure disorder." No one has taken offense at my asking.

Well, didn't mean to make this about me--sorry. I just wondered whether you had considered Klonopin instead of Xanax. Xanax would make more sense if anxiety is your only symptom. On the other hand, if your brain won't shut down to let you sleep and you have sensory overload, you might discuss Klonopin with the doc.

Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  17. greatgran

greatgran Member

Sorry, you are having the sleep problems . If you find anything that helps let me know.

My doctor's appointment was horrible, read my post on that one.

I am still peeing and not sleeping . I did stop at a walk in clinic and had my urine checked it was OK but now I am having low back pain, if it continues, oh well not sure what to do. I know my hubby gets so sick and tired of me compaining so much.

Take care and thanks for replying,
  18. greatgran

greatgran Member

So sorry you too are having anxiety and the misery of this darn dd or whatever.. I do appreciate so much your replies and inputs. It helps so much to know I am not alone.

As I posted earlier I had a horrible doctors visit , you will have to read it.

I do hope each of you are doing some better and will keep you in my prayers.

God Bless,

19. greatgran

greatgran Member

Thank you for your reply and prayers I feel at times that is all we have left.

I will ask , if I ever find a doc about klonopin as the xanax doesn't seem to be helping like it once did, maybe I need to increase my dose not sure what to do ..I do know the depression has set it along with the anxiety and its no fun.

Still peeing so frequently, no infection but have low back pain so may have to get it ck out if it isn't better in a couple days. Right now just can't handle going to find a doc.

Don't apologize for talking about you, I love to hear about you and how things are going, its encouraging to hear how far you have come.

Thanks and God Bless,
  20. Empower

Empower New Member

I am trying Ativan for sleep...it is working (keep my fingers crossed)

I was on a very low dose Effexor XR

I asked the doc to switch me to Remeron for awhile until I get the sleep issued resolved. It will help with sleep, I have been on it b4

I don't have time to read your meds, but maybe a very low dose antidepressant will help you cope with this DD (even if you are not depressed) It does help with the pain a little, or at least to help you deal with the pain.

Doctors are so rude. I had cancelled 3 of my appts because I was too darned tired to drive there, and yesterday the nurse told me he would not prescribe any mroe meds until I got in there. I could go on and on, but I won't

And I have to pee VERY often. Maybe you have that IC??? I think it can be a symptom of FMS Interstial Cystisis or something like that?? Look that up.

I hope you soon find the help you need and deserve. It took me YEARS to find a doc and now I am starting to question the one that I have

I wish you lived in western PA so that I could help you find one