Just Got Out of Hospital with Congestive Heart Failure

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JLH, Jul 10, 2003.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

I've been in the hospital for the last 5 days with congestive heart failure.

I had been swelling all over for a few weeks and didn't know what from. I had just started Neurotin about 6 weeks ago and thought it might be from it. So, I stopped it but the swelling continued.

I got to feeling so poorly that I went to the ER to get it checked out. Besides, my doctor daughter kept calling me and bugging me to, telling me that I could be in either kidney failure or congestive heart failure. Turns out she was right! I guess of the money we spent on those last 8 years of college paid off !!!! lol

So .... if any of you start swelling up -- my hands, ankles, and feet were swollen ..... make sure you get it checked out. There is blood work to diagnose CHF as well as a chest x-ray.

Come to find out, it may be caused by severe sleep apena. Sleep apena not treated properly will cause the right side of your heart to not pump properly and cause you to retain fluid which will fill up your lungs, too.

They pumped 12 lbs. of fluid out of me!

Now, when I get my strength back,I have to get caught up in reading posts!!
  2. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

I'm really sorry to hear about your medical problems. What is your prognosis and what is the treatment? I used to have apnea, but don't anymore. I had it when I was really stressed out and when the stress left, so did the apnea. I also usually sleep on my side, and I believe that discourages apnea.

Marilyn :)
  3. shell

shell New Member

My great grandmother raised me and one night when I unintentionally stayed home from college, she had pains and did not feel well. I made her go to the hospital and they said she may of died from this that night otherwise. You have a smart daughter!! So glad they caught this. 12 POUNDS WOW ... glad you are back.
  4. dd

dd New Member

Sorry about your health problems. Glad that you are out of the hospital...and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Relax and papmer yourself. You deserve that right now.

Peace,

Debbie
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thank God you went to the hospital. My thoughts and prayers are with you for a speed recovery. Please keep us updated.

Love, Mikie
  6. JLH

JLH New Member

the prognosis is unknown for now. I have to have another sleep study done on 7/29. They mentioned that it may have to be treated aggressively - whatever that means! I currently sleep with oxygen now, but they said that must not be enough.

As far as treatment, I was given large amt. of Lasix by IV every 6 hrs. I guess the IV Lasix works faster and is better than the pill form of Lasix.

The doctor told me that I need to keep weighing myself at home and if I ever gain more than 3 lbs. within 2-3 days, to call him immediately.

Thanks for your concern.
  7. Mrs. B

Mrs. B New Member

I'm glad that you're home again and hope you will be feeling better soon. Thank you for the information. As for catching up with the post for five days... I can barely KEEP up. haha
    Lisa
  8. Patti2

Patti2 New Member

JHL
    Thank God your okay? Do they know what cause this?? Relax let someone take care of everything for a while while you heal from this. You have to be so tired, go into hibernation for a week. You need it.
    Stay health and take care,
    LOL
    Patti