Just got out of the hospital...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kjade, Jan 21, 2010.

1. kjade

kjade New Member

I just returned home from the hospital. I was there for 3 days. The past 2 weeks have been the worst of my life.

Last Tuesday during the day, I started to feel like I had the flu. Then at night, I got reallyl bad chills; it was so bad I was shaking uncontrollably and couldn't stop. I had a temp of 101. I went to bed thinking I was coming down with the flu. I woke up in the morning, and literally couldn't get out of bed. If you know me, I am the kind of person who never lets any illness stop me. I am the person who goes into work sick, and I never call off. But that day, I was barely able to dial the phone to even call work. I slept the entire day, and my husband tried to force me to take a shower, and I couldn't even get up to do that. I felt like I was dying.

I was still so sick the next day so I went to the Urgent Care. I was afraid they would just tell me I had a virus and to just get some rest. Well they took an x-ray and told me I have pneumonia, and it was REALLY bad. She said she was shocked that I was even able to walk into the clinic. So she gave me 2 antibiotics, albuterol for my breathing machine and told me to stay home until Tues.

By Sat I started to feel better, but at night while I was TRYING to sleep, I would wake up with this searing pain in my back and shoulder. It was the worst pain (after childbirth) that I have ever felt in my life. It felt like someone was just stabbing me over and over. And when I would get that pain, I wasn't able to breathe. Then I would just cough non-stop, which really hurt my back and my ribs more. It was excruciating. I was taking Vicodin for the pain, and that didn't help at all. But I would be fine during the day.

I still managed to get my kids to all of their sports and stuff over the weekend, but at my son's wrestling on Sunday, it suddenly hit me - the pain in my back and shoulder was so intense I couldn't move. I was near tears. When we finally left I just went home and laid down. I was having a lot of trouble breathing. Probably from going out in the cold.

Sunday night I woke up in the middle of the night, and I thought my back was on fire - the pain was unbearable. On top of that, I started coughing uncontrollably, and I COULD NOT BREATHE! My husband was freaking out - he wanted ot call 911, but I didn't want to do that. But I did agree to go to the ER.. So we waited for my father-in-law to come to stay with the kids.

They took an x-ray and blood, and at first thought I had a blood clot in my lung, so they sent me for a cat scan. Thankfully, there was no blood clot, but they said my left lung was totally congested and that I would need to be admitted immediately to get IV antibiotics. I sat in that ER room for over an hour alone, just coughing and I couldn't breathe, and no one offered to help me cause they were all so busy. I thought I was just going to die right there in that room.

So I spent the next 3 days in the hospital (I have never been in the hospital before other than to have babies, so I wasn't used to being treated the way I was. When I had the babies the nurses treated me like a queen. Not so on the pulmonary floor. I shared a room, which I hated. They gave me so much abx - non-stop for 3 days. They also had me on morphine and vicodin, so I was in and out of it a lot.

When I first got put in the room, I was in so much pain I was crying and couldn't even speak to the Drs when they tried to talk to me. When they would listen to my lungs and tell me to breathe, I couldn't take a deep breath at all, and the pain my ribs and back was terrible. Like I said this was the worst pain I have ever felt in my life after childbirth (I had a couple really rough labors).

The Drs told me my case of pneumonia was really bad, and the pain I was feeling in my back/shoulder/rib was from the pneumoina. I started to feel better in a day or two, and the Dr told me I could go home. I asked if I could go back to work the next day and he said no way. He said I need to be off at least 2 weeks. He said it will take quite some time for me to get better, since this was such a severe case.

My kids weren't allowed to see me at the hospital (hosp rules) so I didn't see them for 3 days. Now that I am home, I can't even hold my baby, because I am afraid I will get her sick. I have to just sit here, all alone all day, watching tv. It is very depressing. I have never in my life been this sick. Never.

Also, my baby is still wheezing and coughing, so I had taken her to the Dr over the weekend when I THOUGHT I was feeling better. Poor little thing had to have all kinds of tests and an x-ray. Thankfully they said her x-ray is clear, but we have to give her breathing treatments. They want to keep checking her and make sure she doesn't have asthma. :( This is all so stressful.

Things are just really, really bad around here right now. Just typing this is really wearing me out. I can't talk to anyone because I can't breathe when I talk. And I can't do anything around the house, because I get too winded and then I need the inhaler. I also still keep waking up at night with this dry cough that I can't stop, and the horrible pain is still there in my back. It's just not as bad as it was.

If you got through reading all of this, and you have a moment, can you please say a prayer for me that I recover soon? I cannot stand being sick or incapacitated like this. It is killing me. :(
    Thanks for reading......
  2. springwater

springwater Well-Known Member

Im sorry to hear of your terrible ordeal. Just the other evening my DH had to take a neighbour lady to the hospital because she was unable to breathe. She had pneumonia and it had gotten worse. She is still in hospital.

Please take care of yourself. So youcan be there for your sweet Sydney Rose and all the other kiddies.

Dont push yourself because you get restless, better to recover completely than risk relapse.

Will be praying for speedy and complete recovery for you and your baby.

God Bless
  3. 3gs

3gs New Member

Please take care of yourself and don't push. You are all ready compromised with the fibro and take longer to heal.

I know er's are no fun at all. Know what you meant when you said you could die waiting to get help. Thank heavens it wasnt a blood clot.

be kind to yourself and rest. Is there anyone to come in and help? Did they say with help from hubby when you can stand a hot shower may help the back pain? maybe a heating pad?

Praying for you and sending hugs
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

Sorry to hear of your illness!,,,I hope you will be on the mend very soon!,,,HUgs!,,,,,Sis,,,p.s. Be kind to yourself!
  5. jole

jole Member

to hear you're feeling so badly. But please, please don't overdo, and listen to your doc. Pneumonia isn't anything to mess around with. People die from it. You might be bored, but two weeks is a very short time in your life, compared to what it could be if you push. And you do not want to damage your lungs any more than they will be.

The harder you push and the longer it lasts, the more scarring you could have in your lungs. You don't want to have breathing problems the rest of your life. Also, you will be more susceptible to pneumonia from now on, so PLEASE take it easy, lots of rest, lots of liquids, and listen to your doc. He does know best in this instance. Stay indoors. This weather is not for you. Neither is driving your kids to events and sitting in crowds. You certainly don't need to catch something else.

I'm worried about you. I know you go and do and push, but please, not this time, okay? Hoping you get better soon, and will be praying for you.
    (((((Hugs))))))........Jole
  6. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

What you went through was really awful! Please take it easy----the Dr. does know best. Just remember your children! They don't want to have a sick mommy forever and the only way you can get better is to mind the Dr.! Yes, pneumonia is awful and can cause death if it isn't taken care of. You are on your way to healing and I will say a prayer for you.

Remember-----mind just like you tell your kids to do.

Gentle Hugs,

\lilac
  7. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Part 1

I just home from and overnight Out of Town trip and I thought Ihad better check in here. Not much time to post right now but I just had to.

I am so sorry to hear about you and your hospitalization. Remember wht Joan said - you had better mind :) !!

I have had alot of the same problems as you with pneumonia and brocnities. More on that later sweetie. DH is calling me.
    Psrt 2

I am back to edit a bit. Years ago when I was probably your age, I had 4 children at that time and I got sick with pneumonia and had a very hi fever. That was before the DD's. I was in the hospital for a week with an IV of antibiotics in my arm. The docs didn;t really want me to go home after the week but I had 4 kittle kids and no one to watch them except for DH andhe had to work. So, I understand your problems.

Please try not to overdue. I get bronchitis and almost pneumonia at the drop of a hat and cann't take regular decongrestants and cough meds due to my hi b/p so I have to get a shot of steriods for the lungs and an inhaler, antibiotivcs, etc. Luckily, lately I haven't had to go to the hospital for that as I catch them pretty quick.

I know it is very hard fro you with the littlest one now. Hoe she is feeling better and you too dear. Rest when she is resting and I hope work is understanding (which I know they are not always). You just need to take care of yourself and hopefully you are not contagious at this point. You probably aren't since you are on antibiotics. Hope others can help you till you get back on your feet again. it is very hard I know esp when you have no help with the children. However, how old is your oldest? Maybe they all can help you somewhat.

Well,I have toa run again. Please try and rest and take care of yourself sweetie.

Love,
    Granni[This Message was Edited on 01/22/2010]
  8. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

Your pain truly resonates with me since I also spent four days in the hospital last month tethered to antibiotic IV and painkillers for four days for acute diverticulitis. I, too, went to the ER in the middle of the night, in dire scale 10 pain, drove myself when I should have called 911. I could have killed someone. I had an agonizing week leading up to this. I am now slowly recuperating and have to go for a colonoscopy on 2/12 to evaluate the extent of the damage and if I will need surgery. I came out of the hospital on 12/20. I was supposed to go home on 12/21--I begged my doctor to release me on 12/20 since 12/21 was my youngest daughter's 16th birthday and I did not want her to wake up all alone in the house on her birthday. It sounds dumb, but at the time it was very important to me. My doctor said I could go home, and I was soooo happy. I called my hubby and he said, "Have you looked out the window? It's been snowing all night." I told him, "I don't give a f*** if you have to kidnap f** Batman and steal his damn Batmobile, get me the hell out of here!!!" He dug and dug, and finally I was out of there. So where did I go? I made him drive me straight to Famous Footwear to get my daughter the boots she wanted for Christmas. Why? Because that's the way I do things.... and then hosted Christmas Eve at my house for my whole family. Again not the wisest choice.

I was lucky that they put me on a Surgical Floor where the nurses are very attentive. However, like you, I had to share a room, which I did not like at all but I will make you laugh. The woman in the next bed had dementia, and she thought I was her nurse. I kept the curtain closed all the time, so she could not see me. They had her tethered to the bed and she kept asking me for a scissor!! I spent more time buzzing for the nurses on her behalf. Well one night, I really had to laugh though. I was on a liquids only diet, and after three days of this, you get very, very gassy. Well, the curtain was closed, and I really let one go. This woman immediately sit up in her bed and starts yelling, "Come in! Come in! Come in!" I was laughing into my pillow so hard, but I thought to myself, I have to get the hell out of here!! and I got zero sleep in the hospital.

Kjade, it was better that the kids did not see you at your worst. Truly. BTW, when I was in agonizing pain,my vegan daughter told me I probably brought this all on myself by eating meat. I really needed hearing that at that time; my husband went after her so bad.

Kjade, I do not want to distress you, but recuperating/recovering from pneumonia is a very slow process. MY FIL just had it; got rushed to the ER the day after Thanksgiving, and literally is just getting back on his feet this week. I had pleuracy (sp?) when I was 17--also really bad lung pain-- and although the treatment and my absence from school was only three weeks (I got sick on Good Friday), I was not myself again until June. So please, take it easy, and don't expect too much of yourself too soon. Hubby and kids have to pitch in, team effort style, because of the seriousness of this. Even with my recuperation, I have had to learn to just stop what I am doing once in awhile and rest. I came to find out from friends who had gone through this, I was expecting too much from myself too soon.

Kjade,may I suggest to you, calling your church's Outreach program to see if maybe someone can give you a little help during the day, and be a little company for you? They are such compassionate people--it may be a source of great help and comfort for you.

Finally, let this be a wake-up call for you to not allow your extended family to give you any BS right now. You did not mention it in your post, but I figured I would mention it based on things you have posted in the past. Your main concern is feeling better and nothing else. And don't worry about watching too much TV--you need to zone out right now.

Please know that I will think of you and pray for you every day. You remind me a bit of myself--since I am older, it's up to me to lead you and make you see that slowing down is okay!! Keep thinking positive, thank God your alive, kiss your kids (germ free of course) and remember my sweet, sunshine is just around the corner!!

Sleep well!!

Peace,love, and joy--<BR

Laura>

[This Message was Edited on 01/22/2010]
  9. Gingareeree

Gingareeree New Member

that you have a complete recovery. Please heed the advise of prior posts. Take time to rest and follow DR's. orders! I think having your hubbie inform your church and perhaps even your neighbors of your situation is a good idea. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Godd luck~~~Jeanne
  10. mysticbrit

mysticbrit New Member

Hi sweetie,

My goodness, you've had quite a time of it. I'm so very sorry you've been so horribly ill. BUT, you simply must stay on that couch or in your bed until you're truly well.

I had pneumonia about 10 years ago and honestly thought I'd break my ribs from the coughing fits. It hurt soooo much. Although my doctor wanted me in the hospital I told her that I'd stay quiet and since I had no children to care for I'd be okay at home, with my hubby to look after me in the evening.

In 2009 I DID end up in the hospital with a blood clot in my right lung. Similar pain but it lasted longer (still uncomfortable when I take a deep breath) and I didn't have the cough.

Having lung issues is nothing to ignore. I know how devoted you are to your family but you must put yourself first here kiddo. Your recovery will be much quicker if you allow your body to get the rest it needs.

You've gotten lots of support and good ideas here already. You're a beloved member of our community here and we want you well.

Many soft, gentle hugs,
    Nancy

P.S.

I found resting in a recliner instead of trying to lay down helped with the coughing. If you don't have one perhaps you could use a couple of pillows to keep your head elavated. It seemed like the second I layed flat I'd start a coughing fit.

Also, sending prayers for your little girl too.[This Message was Edited on 01/22/2010]
  11. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Nancy is right about the lying down flat is concerned. usually when I did that I start coughing. Also when I did lie down I tried to lie on a couple of pillows and turn more towards one side. If I would go on my back I would start coughing like mad.

Try and have your children to help some, even with the baby. How old is your oldest daughter, I forgot. Of course, older brothers can be a big help too. With me I had 4 daughters at that time and of course they wanted to be so helpful to the baby and bossy (sometimes) to the younger siblings :) !!.

Please accept help from wherever you can and really try and rest or you will not get back on your feet as quickly, I know. Bronchitis and Pneumonia can take a long time to get over and I know you want to get well for your family and so you can got back to work soon. HOWEVER, please try not to rush it to much - I know because then you suffer for it in the long run.

Lots of good suggestions here sweetie. So sorry you had to suffer so and it makes it so hard when you have a young family. Glad you are now home but remember that you really do have to REST, REST and more REST! That is VERY important. I had better get rid of this before it goes poof again :) !!

Thinking of you sweetie !!

Love,
    'Granni
  12. kjade

kjade New Member

Thanks so much everyone for your thoughts, prayers and advice. It is all very helpful, and I do appreciate all of you taking the time to write to me.

It's strange, but I am almost in a state of shock or something. I still can't believe I was in the hospital and everything. This has been very scary, and very trying. I am getting a little better each day, but this is really hard. I cannot do much at all without getting very winded. Even trying to pickup toys or clothes off the floor is too hard. If I go up the stairs, it will take 15 min for me to catch my breath back.

This illness is certainly nothing to play around with....I realize that now. Last week after being on the abx for 2 days, I began to feel better and started going about my normal routine, and that is when I completely crashed, and thought I was dying. It is VERY hard for me to just sit on the couch and do nothing. I am too antsy. There is too much to do. But I know I MUST sit and do nothing. In a way I feel that getting this illness was God's way of telling me to SLOW DOWN. I am always going, going, going, and I never slow down. It's almost like it finally caught up with me.

Anyway, I am doing my best to just rest. I am finding all these new channels and all kinds of shows on tv that I never knew existed. lol Yes, it is boring, but I have also been alone so much that I have done a lot of soul searching, and it has been rather therapeutic. I have also pulled out some books that I forgot I had, and I have been enjoying reading them.

I forgot who asked (sorry...Granni maybe?) but my oldest son is 10, and he helps out a lot, but he is still 10. He just wants to play and i get that. I was so sad today, because I had to miss my daughter's ballet class, and my son's basketball game. And I will have to miss my other son's last wrestling meet of the season tomorrow, and his basketball game. That is what is really upsetting me right now. At least DH can take the video camera. :( I have to just sit and watch my baby girl...I can't pick her up and play with her or feed her like I want to. I have heard I am no longer contagious, but I am still afraid since she is so young. She was crying last night and husband was busy so I told my son to get her, and he didn't, and I just wanted so badly to just pick her up and I couldn't.

Thank you all again so much for reading and for your wonderful advice. I always do take it all seriously. This is such a nice place to bear my soul and you all have always been so wonderful to me. And Laura, funny you should mention about how I remind you of yourself and you want to help lead me....I was just thinking this same thing. Some of you are like big sisters, or mothers, or grandmas to me. And I cherish each and every one of you. :)

ETA: WHOA that was a long post!! Sorry about that! Guess I just needed to talk a lot![This Message was Edited on 01/26/2010]
  13. kjade

kjade New Member

Mystic...that is great advice about the recliner. I am still coughing a lot (which is still causing that horrible pain in my back/rib) - but only when I am sleeping. I noticed I really didn't have that at the hospital because I slept almost upright (and I hardly slept there anyway). So I have tried to prop 4 pillows up on the bed and just sleep sitting up. The second I try to lay on my side, I get that pain so bad that I cannot breathe. It works sleeping that way for the most part I guess, but I do still wake up coughing and unable to breathe. I think I will try to sleep in our recliner tonight and see how that goes.

And Laura, that story about your neighbor in the hospital cracked me up. Luckily for me, I was able to get up to use the bathroom myself....I just had to drag my IV pole with me. But the lady next to me couldn't so when she had to go to the bathroom......oh it wasn't pleasant. She was quiet, but she snored all night, and she kept her tv too loud. Drove me nuts. Also, there was someone on my floor who just moaned and cried REALLY loud, day and night.. It sounded like a dog whining, non-stop. It was making me crazy. I finally asked the nurse what that was, and she told me "oh that is just how she deals with this". WHAT????? She then offered to give me earphones, and I took her up on that offer. Hospitals are awful. And I hope I don't have to go back to one anytime soon.
  14. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

I am glad you and hubby may go to counseling. You guys are really dealing with alot--no easy feat for any marriage.

I can tell by the tone of your post that you are learning to slow down a bit. You wil definitely be more grateful for that. Catching up with those books you forgot you had will be a pleasure--a gift to yourself.

One more thing I wanted to mention to you, if nobody already has. When I was pregnant, I developed a really nasty cough and could not lie down. I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought one of those chair pillows for my bed. It's a pillow that looks like the top and arms of a chair--inexpensive, and really worked great.

Will be thinking of you each and every day. Keep us posted on your progress--and even if you just want to vent. We are are always here for our little sister--our friend!!

Peace--Laura
  15. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

Oh my! I just learned of your pneumonia. Your post on the other board caught my eye, so I came over here and saw your thread here. I am so sorry you are so ill.

This is another instance where it would be wonderful if we could actually come to you physically to help in some way as you heal from this. We are friends here, but we are limited by cyberspace. Bless you, Dear Heart! I wish I could bring soup or a pot of tea. But, I will pray for you. That's the best I can do, and I know prayer goes a long way.

I never had pneumonia, but I have a friend who's had it twice and she was very ill. The others who posted here are right. Please follow doctors orders carefully. Please do not push yourself to do anymore than doctor okays. This is serious business, and you don't want a relapse. I know it's very hard to sit or lay around resting, but you've got to do it. Drink lots of hot tea or clear liquids.

I'll pray for your little baby too. How is she doing? This a very hard time for your family and hubby needs to be asking folks to help out, whether it be family or church family. I know people will want to help. Let them surround you and love and support you. You are deserving of their help, concern, and prayers.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Love,
    Fay
  16. kjade

kjade New Member

Thanks so much for replying and thank you very much for the prayers.

I am slowly getting better. This has just been awful. I am still getting short of breath when I try to do anything, and I still am waking up at night coughing and getting the horrible pains in my ribs and back. I just don't understand why I only get that when I am sleeping? Last night, I woke up coughing, and it felt almost like I have a broken rib, and the broken part was jabbing my lung.

I go to the Dr today, so hopefully, he takes an x-ray and gives me a clean bill of health. This has been going on for 3 wks now, and I have had enough.

Fay, thankfully, the baby seems better. I was very concerned because she was wheezing so much. But that seems to have gone away. And we aren't giving her those breathing treatments anymore. She just got her 2nd tooth, and I saw her roll over last night for the first time! I actually got it on film. She is getting so big so fast...it's sad.

Anyway thanks again everyone!
  17. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))))

Sorry you have been through all of this. I'm upset that they didn't have you in the hospital sooner and sent you home the first time around.

I hope you stay warm, stay inside and recover more!

Don't do what you can put off for a day or two days, or a week for that matter. You need to get better hon, so don't worry about anything but yourself and of course your precious baby.. I know its easier said than done.

Love,
    Fight :)
    [This Message was Edited on 01/26/2010]
  18. kjade

kjade New Member

Thanks fight for your reply - I too wish they had sent me to the hospital when I first went to the Dr, and then maybe it would not have gotten so bad. Laura, I will have to check out the pillow you are talking about at BB&B when I can get out. Sounds like it might help with other pain that I have regularly. I tried to sleep on our recliner, but it made my back hurt. :( I dread going to bed every night because I know I will have to go through that instense pain all night.

I posted this on the FM board as well....I am looking for any input I can on this.

I have heard now from a couple of people that once you have pneumonia, you can get it again much easier. Anyone know why that is? It is rather scary for me, because I get bronchitis and/or sinusitis at least 4 times a year. It usually happens because my kids will come home with some little virus (that they will recover from very quickly) and I will get it, and then I get an infection that requires antibiotics. I developed allergies (pretty bad) over the last 5 yrs or so, and I am wondering if that makes this worse for me.

My mother also developed allergies when she was my age, and then she got asthma in her 40's. I am praying I don't also get ashtma when I am in my 40's, like she did. Is this hereditary? Because my oldest son has allergies and eczema, which isnt too bad, but I am concerned that he will get worse as he gets older. Also, the drs were concerned my baby daughter might have allergies, and she has also gotten eczema that cleared up rather quickly with cream.

I am wondering if my immune system is so weak because of Fibro. I have always been very healthy and very strong my entire life. So it concerns me greatly that I have been getting sick so much over the last 5 yrs or so. I think because I have little kids, I am much more susceptible to viruses because they always seem like they are catching some little cold. DH never gets sick though. (he is a lot healthier that I am).

My Dr told me yesterday that it will take about 6-8 wks to fully recover from this. That scares me because I have 4 kids and a FT job, and I am already exhausted all of the time, even without being sick. I don't know how I am going to manage everything when I am this tired and short of breath. Also, I am still getting severe pains at night in my back shoulder or rib (it seems to move to a different place every night). The Dr explained that is from the nerves due to pleurisy, which I still don't completely understand.

I am still wondering if Fibro is making this pain much worse. Could that be possible? Because I have so much trouble sleeping at night due to that pain - it jolts me awake when I cough, and then I can't get back to sleep because it hurts too much.
  19. kjade

kjade New Member

Thanks fight for your reply - I too wish they had sent me to the hospital when I first went to the Dr, and then maybe it would not have gotten so bad. Laura, I will have to check out the pillow you are talking about at BB&B when I can get out. Sounds like it might help with other pain that I have regularly. I tried to sleep on our recliner, but it made my back hurt. :( I dread going to bed every night because I know I will have to go through that instense pain all night.

I posted this on the FM board as well....I am looking for any input I can on this.

I have heard now from a couple of people that once you have pneumonia, you can get it again much easier. Anyone know why that is? It is rather scary for me, because I get bronchitis and/or sinusitis at least 4 times a year. It usually happens because my kids will come home with some little virus (that they will recover from very quickly) and I will get it, and then I get an infection that requires antibiotics. I developed allergies (pretty bad) over the last 5 yrs or so, and I am wondering if that makes this worse for me.

My mother also developed allergies when she was my age, and then she got asthma in her 40's. I am praying I don't also get asthma when I am in my 40's, like she did. Is this hereditary? Because my oldest son has allergies and eczema, which isnt too bad, but I am concerned that he will get worse as he gets older. Also, the drs were concerned my baby daughter might have allergies, and she has also gotten eczema that cleared up rather quickly with cream.

I am wondering if my immune system is so weak because of Fibro. I have always been very healthy and very strong my entire life. So it concerns me greatly that I have been getting sick so much over the last 5 yrs or so. I think because I have little kids, I am much more susceptible to viruses because they always seem like they are catching some little cold. DH never gets sick though. (he is a lot healthier that I am).

My Dr told me yesterday that it will take about 6-8 wks to fully recover from this. That scares me because I have 4 kids and a FT job, and I am already exhausted all of the time, even without being sick. I don't know how I am going to manage everything when I am this tired and short of breath. Also, I am still getting severe pains at night in my back shoulder or rib (it seems to move to a different place every night). The Dr explained that is from the nerves due to pleurisy, which I still don't completely understand.

I am still wondering if Fibro is making this pain much worse. Could that be possible? Because I have so much trouble sleeping at night due to that pain - it jolts me awake when I cough, and then I can't get back to sleep because it hurts too much.
  20. kjade

kjade New Member

Laura -
    I think it was you who asked about that family argument that has been ongoing for months now. I did tell everyone I didn't want to hear about it anymore, and they have actually (surprisingly) respected my wishes, and no one says a word to me about it.

However, last night my mother told DH that she tried to call them, and they started yelling at her again and telling her she needs to apologize. This is getting ridiculous. Really. I am at the point where they are really starting to upset me now. My brother told my mom that she will not see his kids anymore unless she apologizes, but she refuses. (she should have just apologized 6 months ago, but in her eyes, she did nothing wrong). She has tried to be nice to them (her way of apologizing) but they will not get over it until she actually says "i'm sorry". This is really not good, because it is breaking the entire family up. And I don't see that changing anytime soon.

But at least, they are not putting me in the middle anymore, which I do appreciate. Especially now.