just got some blood test results -- vit d, iron, sed rate

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bigmama2, Nov 20, 2008.

1. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

new blood test results

vit d - 26 (this is the very bottem of normal. previously my result was abnormally low at 14. i havce been taking 5000 iu of d3 a day. so it is helping, but not enough. i guess i will try taking two of those d pills, for a total of 10,000iu a day. then eventually get retested again.)

iron - 50. this is normal but at lower end of normal.
    ferretin- 29. this is also considered normal, but at low end of normal.
    i have been taking iron pills which have helped my energy, but these new test results are NOT better than previous test results for iron and ferretin. wierd, huh. i will keep taking iron.

sed rate- 38 High. normal is less than 20. sed rate is an indicator of inflammation. i have had several other times when my sed rate was high. one time it was 58!!!! eeks . i dont know why my sed rate is so high, or what to do about it. maybe its high because i am very overweight????

2. sick~kitty

sick~kitty New Member

Hi bigmama2. When my SED rate was skyhigh, I was actually slender. MY CFS & fibro symptoms were quite bad at the time, though.

My D3 right now is at 37. The lab shows a normal range of 32 to 100. I had been taking 2,000 to 3,000 IU per day. I'd like to get my D3 up to 100, so I'll switch to 10,000 IU/day. The D3 is cheap, and I saw a benefit when I started taking it, so I hope to see more benefit.

That's great that the iron is helping your energy levels.
  3. noica

noica New Member

is that normal for your blood levels to be everywhere with fm? mine were everywhere too but the doctor didnt seem too concerned and that kind of worried me. i see you said you take iron pills .. how do you go about getting something like that? do i need to get it from the doctor or is that something i can buy?