Just Had A Root Canal--Emergency

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I won't be around much today as I just got back from having an emergency root canal. My endodontist is great; it was basically painless. It became a dental emergency yesterday and I started taking my Doxy again.

This may explain why I haven't been able to achieve another remission from the Famvir and why I have had low-grade temperatures for a while.

Anyway, just don't want y'all to think I'm ignoring you. I'll be back later.

Love, Mikie
  2. tedebear

tedebear New Member

with all my body has been going through this month, I lost 3 huge molar fillings. What an ordeal.
    Heal well. Take care. Hang in there.
    Soft teddy hugs.
  3. CelticLadee

CelticLadee New Member

You know it is one darn thing after another!

What a merry go round we ride huh?

Hope you are feeling better and that you have wonderful
    results from getting this tooth taken care of this way.

Take care now and relax. We know you would not ignore any of us Sweetie. You & Shirl are the best!

CelticLadee
  4. tansy

tansy New Member

having this dental work done puts you back onto the road to recovery. At least it will have lessened the workload for your immune system which has been somewhat overchallenged lately.

Take care and please give yourself some recupperation time.

Love

Tansy

[This Message was Edited on 08/04/2003]
  5. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Makes me feel queezy thinking about it.

Root Canals are often a source of illness - here`s hoping it`s alleviated some symptoms for you.

Hope you feel better soon,

Love Pat.
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I decided to give a quick check here and found all these sweet messages and I really appreciate it. My tooth is no longer painless and I've taken everything I can OTC, so it's time to bring out the big guns, Vicodin. It will not only take care of this horrible pain, but it will allow me to not care if there is pain--strange drug. It will also allow me to sleep tonight; last night I didn't get to sleep til 2:00 this morning because of the pain. I didn't dare take the V last night as I had to call the dentist first thing. I'll be groggy and hung over in the morning, but it will be worth it to take care of the pain and get some sleep.

In addition to the tooth itself, my jaw is in horrible TMJ pain from sitting with my mouth wide open for an hour. My ear feels as though it is affected too. I can't believe I've had all this infection and necrotic matter in my mouth and not known it til it became so acute. When they opened up the tooth and started to remove the dead material, the smell was horrible. Lucky dentist and asst., they had on masks. My nose was right there--Yucko!

OK, now that, once again, I've managed to gross y'all out, my work here is done. I'm off to lala land and I'll check in when I'm with it tomorrow. Have a nice and restful, painless night, everyone.

Love, Mikie
  7. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

kinda makes me cringe and wince just thinking about it! I sure hope you are feeling better..if not..I hope you are at least feeling no pain.

Let us know how you are doing tomorrow. Hang in there. ..Sherry
  8. KayL

KayL New Member

Ouch, Mikie! I hope you start feeling better SOON! Take care of yourself.

Karen
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks again, everyone, for all your good wishes. Despite taking the Klonopin and Vicodin last night, I was in pain all night. At about 1:00 this morning, I had to call the cops to run off some kids who climbed the fence and were partying loudly in the pool. I took another 1/2 Klonopin and another Vicodin and slept til about 9:00 when the gardners' machines woke me up.

I am still in a lot of pain and am switching back to the ibuprophen and taking 600 mgs instead of 400 because I think there must be a lot of inflammation. I've also increased my Doxycycline to 300 mgs a day to help get rid of the infection.

Unlike my last abcessed tooth, this one was not draining and I believe it may take some time for the infection and inflammation to go down. In the meantime, I need to just rest as I am exhausted.

Thanks again; I appreciate everything.

Love, Mikie
  10. Dara

Dara New Member

I've had many root canals. Some were easier than having a filling done, others were not. If you continue hurting that bad maybe you should contact your dentist??

I have to go in for a Graft. I have the beginning of Peridontal disease on one tooth. They cut tissue out of the roof of your mouth and graft it onto the gumline. Just thinking of it makes me just a tad bit queasy.

Take care, I hope by the time you read this post you're doing much better.

Dara
  11. CelticLadee

CelticLadee New Member

After reading the latest I just wanted to send you more sympathy as your situation has become intolerable.
    My heart goes out to you! UGH. Tooth pain is the worst - so close to your brain and ears, etc.
    Please do REST REST and more REST.
    Hope you are pain free soon.
    Sending healing prayers your way,
    CelticLadee
  12. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Dental pain can be the worst, I swear! I've only given birth to one child, without any drugs, and I still say it was a piece of cake compared to some past dental experiences I have had. I hope the inflammation goes down, & you start to feel better very soon!

Hugs,
    Pam
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Today, Wed., the tooth is not quite so tender, so I hope it is starting to heal. I thank you all for your sweet prayers and good wishes. I think this tooth was particularly badly infected and was probably masked by taking the ABX. When I pulsed off them, the infection took off like crazy and it bacame acute. Also, the root of the tooth is right down close to where they attached my neck to the muscle in my neck lift. That area is still tender and has some swelling. I think taking the ibuporphen is helping to decrease the inflammation which I think is causing all the pain.

Again, I probably won't be here much today, but I'll peek in later. You guys are the best and I hope and pray everyone has a wonderful, painless day.

Love, Mikie