Just heard something about fibromyalgia on the radio. Read this!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by abbylee, Sep 23, 2005.

1. abbylee

abbylee New Member

I'm listening to talk radio and they are talking about whether or not insurance companies will pay up for the damages caused by the hurricanes. They are saying that the "fine print" is giving many of them a way out.

As an example of what they're doing, he says, we have disability insurance for workers who are disabled. He said that when people file for disability, they are almost always turned down on the first try.

He said for example, if you are a paraplegic (sp), you are not disabled, if you are having chemo therapy for cancer you are not disabled - if you have broken both legs and both arms - you are not disabled, and he went on using different serious diseases and then he said, "if you have fibromyalgia you are not disabled!!!

Did you hear that??? He put fibromyalgia in the list of very serious diseases. Maybe people are starting to realize that we are REALLY SICK !!!!

I didn't wait to see what he said happened the second time you apply because I wanted to get this posted before I forgot the details.

And since the insurance companies are going to do whatever they want to do, I decided to skip the rest of the radio show and get this posted.

I'm so excited that I may never get to sleep tonight, even with my Xyrem!!!

I hope you guys don't think I'm overreacting, but I've had this sickness for over 40 years and this is the first time I've ever heard it mentioned in any way other than linking it with hypochondria.

All I have to say is IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!

abbylee
  2. jaltair

jaltair New Member

And also CFS over the past few months. My husband reads the LA Times every day and had brought several articles from that paper home to me that were related to FMS and CFS. I believe that it's much more in the news now. In addition, there have been more workshops on FMS/CFS for professionals in the medical field as of late. All this helps those with the DD's. The more information, the more acceptance of the DD's as "real" physical problems. This is all good news. I sincerely believe that there will be more research and that someday the medical field will understand underlying causes of both FMS and CFS. Right now, the opinion is that CFS is a part of FMS; I've heard some medical people say that they may be one in the same. Interesting!
  3. abbylee

abbylee New Member

And to link fms with these diseases lets me know that at least some people believe in us.

abbylee
  4. abbylee

abbylee New Member

5. abbylee

abbylee New Member