Just Hooked Up My New Printer

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I got a new HP printer, copier, scanner and love it. Can't believe how fast it is and how easy it was to install. It's easy to use too. It uses the USB port instead of the old printer cable. I printed out some pictures and they are beautiful. It has slots for memory cards so that pics can be printed without being in one's computer.

I also got a DVD burner which my old computer doesn't have. It had a DVD player but not a burner. I can put the videos from my camcorder on DVD now. Of course, the new camcorders write onto DVD's but mine is older.

I'm cleaning out the computer armoire which dearly needed it. How nice to have everything clean and organized. Of course, it takes a day of rest in between days of working on this. The dust is hard on my allergies and sinuses. But, I digress...

If anyone is considering a new printer, I highly recommend these HP all in ones. There are different models; some also fax. Price depends on features and picture/printing resolution. The ink cartridges are not as expensive for the new HP's as some other printers.

I'm like a kid with a new toy.

Love, Mikie
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Hi Mikie,
    I agree with you about the HP printers. Mine is also a copier, scanner and I love it. Yours will be a newer model and it sounds like fun.

Enjoy!
    Kathy.
  3. Juloo

Juloo Member

It's an older model, but it prints large format (tabloid -- 11 x 17), and that has been handy in my line of work.

We have two computers at home, so when I couldn't hook up my laptop to the *really* old printer (not the above printer), I went looking for another. Because I do some genealogy and scrapbooking and was looking for one that used the long-life inks, I ended up with an Epson, which I also love.

So now I have the best of both worlds.

I'm old enough to remember when full-color printers were once just a 'maybe someday' kind of thing for home use. And scanners! I am in hog heaven now that I can manipulate all this print stuff at home!
  4. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Hi.
    I have an HP all in one, too. Isn't it fun? I use it all the time, both with the coputer and without.
    Enjoy.
    Hope you are feeling better.
    Love,
    Terry
  5. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Hi Mikie! I have a HP printer for my Mac and I just love it! It uses the same ink for the longest time.

We also have a Windows computer in here and that one is hooked up to an old Canon printer and that thing just eats ink. lol I think the ink somehow dries out faster in that one.

I have a Canon Scanner/Copier for my Mac. We don't have one hooked up to the Windows computer anymore though.

I certainly agree with you on HP being a great printer.

My hubby likes using Windows, so he won't get on my Mac, which is fine with me. We have wireless cable in the house and with Matt's 3 computers and our 2, we have 5 in total. lol

We are getting rain and I'm hurting. Not only from the rain, but I got a novel for Christmas and have been reading that a lot and it is sort of putting certain arm and chest muscles into a flare. It's a heavy book, 1000 pages, hard bound.

Sooo that is why I haven't been on here much lately. I'm spending all my free time reading that novel.

Take care!

Hugs,
    Faye
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Which works fine and prints beautiful pictures, is still sitting here. There is nothing wrong with it but now, I'm spoiled with the speed of this new one. I have kept an old scanner around because it scans negatives and slides. I need to figure out how to do it and get my old stuff into a digital format.

I have wi-fi here and it's so nice to take my laptop anywhere, even to bed with me. This was even more convenient back when I was bedridden so much. Now, it's just a nice convenience.

I have used those ink cartridge refill kits and they worked great for several different kinds of cartridges. I managed to refill my old cartridges over and over. Target had a great sale on new cartridges, so I don't think it'll be a problem for a while for me. I stocked up.

I also got a new novel. It's the latest in "The Outlander" series. I think the author is getting tired of writing these books. I hope she doesn't just leave us high and dry one of these days. I've been reading Green's book about the cosmos, space, time, light, etc. and I would like to finish it before I wade into the new novel but it's so brain intensive that I can't read much at a sitting. It helps to keep this old pea brain working. Speaking of which, has anyone tried the Su-Do-Ku puzzles? Once I got free of math matrix flashbacks/panic attacks, I decided to try one. Some are harder than others. They are guaranteed to keep the gray matter working.

I can only imagine what it would be like to have our illnesses without our computers which keep us in touch. I know I wouldn't have made the progress I have made with my illnesses and I wouldn't have all the wonderful friends here.

My wish is for health and happiness for everyone for this New Year.

Love, Mikie

PS: If I could find a man who performs like this printer, I might consider a partner :)
    [This Message was Edited on 12/29/2005]
  7. ksc

ksc New Member

I've always had hp printers. i'm into photography, so have a wide formate printer. nothing prints better then an HP!
    enjoy your dvd rw. i use mine a lot.
    kathy
  8. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

It is real easy too.It also has pictbrigde so I can run my digital straight into it.I live my all in one.Linda
  9. JLH

JLH New Member

I know what you mean when you said that you are like a kid with a new toy!

I got a new Dell computer and 4-in-1 printer last year. I just my printer, too! It's a printer, copier, scanner, and fax. And ... it was free when I bought the computer!!!

The ink cartridges, color and b&w, are each $25, if I remember correctly!

Janet
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'd settle for a "Quickie" at this point :)

Love, Mikie
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You can go to Radio Shack and get a switch box and keep both printers. You can use the slow one for pics and the fast one for everything else.

This means that one will be the default printer and when you click on print, you will have to be sure the correct printer is selected.

Love, Mikie
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

One is a Lexmark I have never used and the other is a really good HP. This new one is soooooo fast that I'm rapidly getting spoiled.

This is one of those enigmas where the hoarder in me wants to keep one printer, just in case. The person who hates clutter in me says to get rid of them both.

How can I ever hope to simplify my life with all these contradictory feelings?

Well, the whole wireless blackberry, bluetooth generation of products is another can of worms. Help, I'm in techno overload.

Love, Mikie