Just how many sore throats can I get in a month?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Jul 12, 2006.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

Pnce more I have a sore throat and it hrurts so badly. I Just finished a Z-p[ak less taaan two weeks ago , so I don't think it is bactrial. Maybe viral or could it be an alergy? I don't know. I am stuffed up all the time and my throat is really hurting. I have used some thorat spray and DANG it stings and burns.

I don't like that I am getting a cold once more. But here I have a bad sore throat. WHY ME? And for how long this time?

It is like my immune system has sotpped working once more. I don't know why or what is going one with my own body, I hate feeling likke this all the time. What is going on with me?And why?
    I just took another dose of antibiotics. And I don't think they are working right.

I really want to kow what it going to with me soon. I hate feeling so.Ihate sore
    I AM SICK OF THIS STigg.
    Rosemmarie
  2. sues1

sues1 New Member

I think mine are from drainage from sinus. Do away with scented soaps and dryer sheets. In fact I do not use dryer sheets an do not miss them. My towels and such are soft.

Cleaning products, bath and beauty products. Deodorants. anyone in the house with after shave and their products they use. Fresh flowers. Lilac and rose bushes.

Ask folks not to wear same that come into your home. Stress perfume and colognes also.

Throw out magazines with perfumed adv. This helps. Air currents also bother me and I get sore throats.

A couple of times I went to the Dr. and asked for him to check my throat and take a swab. Dr. saw nothing wrong and lab reports came back fine.....but my throat felt like it was on fire!

Also do a search here on silent acid reflux...that makes your throat sore and also can create sinus problems and also dental aches....etc.

I can never get rid of it completly, but can cut down on the amount of time I get this and also shorten the time I have it, just by playing detective checking magazines and so forth. Good Luck........Susan
  3. jole

jole Member

Hey, if it weren't for almost constant sore throats, how would we know we were still "normal". It's the only thing we have that "they" relate to!!:)

I get them A LOT also. If I go anywhere in the car and the airconditioner is on, sore throat. I sit by an airconditioner at work, which brings them on also. I really think mine is from allergies, but who knows.

I don't even take antibiotics for them because they're so frequent I'd be on one constantly, and they really don't help. Guaifenesin seems to do better for me, because it helps with the sinuses.

My ears also hurt quite badly because the fluid seems to build up. The Guai seems to help that too. Just a thought.

Friends -
    Jole
  4. ckball

ckball New Member

I am sorry you are sick again. I know you have been under some stress and that will keep us from healing. Do you still have your tonsils?

At 37 I had sore throats, strep,ect for a solid 4 months.
    Finally went to a ENT Dr and my tonsils were actually rotting in my throat.

I remember someone posting about getting these lumps of stuff from the back of their tonsils. The is infection coming out of the tonsils.

Once I had them removed, horrible operation was off work 2 weeks and hurts like ****, my allergies and sore throats went away.

BTW, I read your post about yor chilhood and commend you for rising above all the pain and turining your life around. My life was very similar, but am happy with who I am today. Carla
  5. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

I just had strep 3 months ago, and woke up with another one morning of July 4th.

Drives me nuts sometimes. (Which doesn't take much)
    I can't even tell you how many times a year I have to go to the doc for a sore throat.

Hang in there! I like Halls fruit breezers.

6. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

I had my tonsils out at 19.

However, in the last three years I have had repeated, and long-lasting sinus infections, the last one got into my chest, and with each repeated infection, I have gone down further, and never come back up to par, which was pretty pathetic to begin with.
  7. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I still hae the sore throat but it is not due to having tonsils as they have been gone since I was 20. That was many years ago.Something like 29 years ago.

I am just tired of it all and as I am learning the sore throats could be due to the swamp cooler that we have.And it is on most of the time during the day.

So that may be why I have the sore throat.

Rosemarie
  8. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

Have you had an Epstein-Barr panel? A few years ago I had sore throats that lasted for months, but when the titers started coming down the sore throats finally went away. I didn't really have swollen glands like you'd usually see with mono/Epstein-Barr.

Jan