Just like you, Just like I.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KYRock, Aug 31, 2002.

1. KYRock

KYRock New Member

I just can't believe how many odd symtoms that I have and I look on the board and someone else is acctually asking or talking about the same thing. Excessive sweating, extremely sensitive to the sun, choking because of dry mouth and the list keeps on and on. Good to know I'm not alone in this.
  2. KYRock

KYRock New Member

I just can't believe how many odd symtoms that I have and I look on the board and someone else is acctually asking or talking about the same thing. Excessive sweating, extremely sensitive to the sun, choking because of dry mouth and the list keeps on and on. Good to know I'm not alone in this.
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

You sound like me when I first came here! I could not believe that so many people had all these crazy things that were happening to me too.

Especially that miserable sweating, I have been having that for 16 years now. I thought I went through menopause and stayed 'stuck' in the hot flash syndrome! I had no idea that it was Fibro related.

The itching ears was another one. When that first happen I had my husband looking at my ears with a magnifying glass, I was positive that I had some kind of 'bug' crawling on my ears and causing them to itch! Now I know better, so I just take a cold cloth and wipe them and go about my life.

Glad you are finding out, like I did, that I am not alone with all these ridiculous things happening to me.

By the way, I am super sensitive to the sun too. Five minutes outdoors and I got to go inside this time of the year. I am in Louisiana, so the humidity only makes it worst.

It did not bother me before, I was born and raise here but since I have Fibro I cannot handle the heat now.

Glad we are helping you know that its not 'all in your head', like I have been told by many smart doctors!

Shalom, Shirl

4. tired42long

tired42long New Member

Hi there, Just wanted to say Hi...I have alot of this too. It is tough to handle anything alone---especially such an "evasive" disease.I've learned alot...there are people here that have great advice, genuine concern, and wisdom that is priceless. More than you get many times from your doc. We are family!!
    [This Message was Edited on 08/31/2002]
  5. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

Yes, hearing others suffering such bizarre symptoms -- it was the noise sensitivity that really hit w/ me -- made me feel like I was really not losing my mind or just strange. Weellll, still kinda strange here, lol, but not because of that!

Take care. Michele
  6. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I kept thinking that the Dr. was wrong. That as usual they were missing the mark. I decided to do some research, and wound up here.
    I think what convinced me that I truly did have this weird Syndrome, FMS/MPS, was a post about "Scalp Pain".

I had always had that, and no one believed me, hairdressers were the worst. ;o) Two of my Sisters were hairdressers, and they were never to Gentle with me. I thought they did it on purpose.

Till they quit the business, and I started seeing others, well that hurt too. So on the next visit to the Dr. I asked her about that weird problem and a few others, and she told me it was part of the Syndrome. OH JOY! Not!!

I no longer have the Excessive sweating and itching either, she put me on Vistril, and that took care of thoes symptoms.

I keep saying we are Aliens from another planet and we are waiting for the Mother Ship to return for us. (that's a joke that I have been saying for over 20 years, still waiting for tha ship to come in, lol ).

Sincerely,
    kredca4
  7. Shoobie

Shoobie New Member

My husband and I like to joke around and say "This one is broken. Can we exchange it for a newer model?" Unfortunately, I lost the warranty for my body. :p

Oh yes, a new bizzarre symptom around every corner! It's like watching a thriller sometimes.

Can I just say that I'm ready to ask my husband to eat his cereal in the other room for now on? I swear the volume is on "10" and gives me heart palpitations!

Kredca4, I love the alien theory!!

-Shoobie
  8. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

In the beginning, I thought it was impossible to have soooo many symptoms. I felt like a freak show! I'm sun-sensitive and sound sensitive in addition to all else. The shower is a killer on my scalp. It actually gives me headaches.

Keep smiling!

LisaMay
  9. MsJoey

MsJoey New Member

My scalp is so ultra sensitive, every shampoo I try makes it worse. The only one that worked was Almay until they quit making it!!! I'm allergic to all soaps, scents, everything. I have to use hypoallergenic everything, and sometimes those bother me. I like the thought about the Mother Ship coming for us, LOL! I think we should do serious damage before we go --- to the Docs who treated us like garbage! To the relatives that snort and sniff with arrogance and disbelief, and so on!!! I had excessive sweating and blamed it on fibro. and then found out my thyroid was on the way out.....last Dec. I had it removed and since then haven't had those horrible episodes....with the exception of the beginning of menopause. Now I get hot flashes but they go away. Before, I was always way too hot, etc. until the thyroid came out. Just something else to get checked! I think mine went bad years before they figured it out. I've always had this awful tendency to blame everything on fibro but sometimes it IS something else! Hope you're all having a great Labor Day weekend!! Jo