Just looking for someone who understands

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ma2alex, Mar 8, 2006.

1. ma2alex

ma2alex New Member

I am fairly new to this message board and just feeling all alone in the world. It's not that I don't have many wonderful friends and loving family, I do. I just don't have anyone with fibro. I don't feel like there is anyone out there who understands what it is like to live in a body that is fighting with you. I have so many food allergies that I can never join my friends or family in eating at any social gatherings. They aleays tell me that they are sorry, but just once, I would like to be able to eat like everyone else. Maybe this is the wrong place to go pouring out my sob story, but I had to try something. Unfortunately, I am one of those people who always sees the glass as half full and everyone would just fall over if they heard me talking this way. I can only do it here because I know that I am protected by my silly computer screen. No one will know that in real life I am not perfect and in fact, I kind of think that things suck right now! If reading this brought you down or made you feel bad, I sure am sorry for that. If on the other hand, you feel like you can relate, it sure would be nice to know that I am not alone in this.
  2. jaltair

jaltair New Member

We all really miss our old selves and yearn to do what we use to be able to do and sometimes feel isolated because people have difficulty understanding and accepting FMS and CFS.

If you haven't had a chance to look at member profiles when you read the posts, please do it; you'll get a world of information and get to know individual details about members' disease status. You get to profiles by "clicking" on their handles (your handle is ma2alex).

In addition, you can also post a profile. At the upper right, you'll see where is says, "You are logged in as: “ma2alex" - to the right, you can "edit" your profile. You may post a picture and also information about you (as much or little as you like). It's a real plus to do this so that people can get to know you better and you them. Share a little bit at first, and you can always add more when you feel comfortable.

I know that you'll enjoy this site. There is quite a bit of information on it, and a lot of knowledge from the posters.

Another hint: if you would like to look up a particular topic, you can see what previous posts there have been by entering the topic into "Search" at the upper left. The "Library" up at the top will allow you to search for information.

Have fun getting to know the site and everyone on it! Oh, by the way, you can learn more about me by "clicking" on my handle, "jaltair."

Warm wishes, Jeannette
  3. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I certainly understand what you are saying and have some of those feelings.
    This is a place where you can say how you are feeling and get support. We all know how it feels to be fighting with our bodies.

Welcome
  4. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

5. ritatheresa

ritatheresa New Member

Some days I just wish I could just get through one whole day of what I consider "normal". Wake up, send my daughter off to school on time, go to work on time, come home, prepare dinner, maybe do a load of laundry, hang out with my daughter and go to bed, without once thinking I am so freaking tired and in so much pain!!! That is my dream.

I also like to think of myself as a positive person, truth is on the inside I'm dying. For many years I truly thought it was just depression, my inability to cope.

When I found out what was really going on It was a sense of relief. This can be such a hopeless situation so it's important to be able to vent. I now see life completely different from what I once have.

I have very supportive family and friends, but I know there very frustrated with me. I always think if they could only understand. I know I'm just rambling but you are definately not alone, just wanted to say hi, Ritatheresa
  6. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

That is always a plus.

Honey you never need to apologize for coming here and sharing your feelings.

FM is awful and can distance you from people just from the pain you are in and the lack of understanding from others.

I get all my support here and I love everyone on this board for being there for me.

And we will be here for you too.

I feel like we are a family banded togther for a reason.God puts the right people in your life when you need it the most.SOmetimes it takes awhile believe me but we are here to help you go through this battle in your life.

Give yourself a hug from me.
    Sheila
  7. ma2alex

ma2alex New Member

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you who took the time to respond to me. I really helps to know that I am not alone.
    Dawn