just moved to AZ having a rough time

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hannahfaid, Jun 9, 2008.

1. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

I made it out to AZ... In Glendale... Having trouble finding a dr

Having trouble doing anything.. I just can't seem to get motivated.

I don't know if its flaring or just change... I feel lousy but not too much pain

Burning eyes. Sore throat and ears..tired,,depressed. no motivation to get my business started get my license changed hardly go grocery shopping haven't cooked.. been drinking just not myself

have to get back on track....
  2. desertlass

desertlass New Member

I'm sorry you're having a tough transition. Arizona in June has to be the worst. Even people who aren't struggling with illness get sort of down-- this heat creates our version of the seasonal affective disorder.

Although the burning eyes, ears and throat are not part of anything like that. Is that a new symptom with you?

Have you been keeping current with the mold posts?

I hope you feel better very soon, and that your true self comes back quickly-- in the meantime, look on the "good doctors" thread. I think there are quite a few listed for the Phoenix area.

Take care,

3. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

You poor girl, you sound so low. Moves are such traumatic things. Throughout my life I've had about 15 moves. There's no way at my age now (52) I could do it again. Thankfully we found our forever home.

You sound like you're very depressed at the moment, so it's really important to find yourself a physician. I've found a website that lists all the Dr's by specialty in Glendale. Just cut and paste the web address and that should bring them up.

I'll be thinking of you. Please get well.

Here's another one as well of Family Physicians.

4. donnadee

donnadee New Member

I live in az. take it easy in the summer. You will love the fall. winter and spring months. It will take you a while to adjust. donna
  5. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

Moving is SO stressful and traumatic! When we moved into this house about 4 years ago is when I really noticed my FM/CFS became full blown. I had also just had a baby. Not the smartest time to move, but I didn't know it at the time! LOL.

It sounds like you may have a cold coming on as well with some of your symptoms. That would make sense since your immune system is probably down from the move.

Also, I'm just curious because of my own recent situation, but did you buy any new furniture for your new house? I am really having a doozy of a time just from having a new wooden bed and mattress in the house we just bought my daughter for her birthday.

Anyway, these are the things that came to mind from reading your post. Please take it easy on yourself and don't push yourself to do too much too fast.
  6. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I had lived in Scottsdale for three years in the early '80's and I had allergy problems beyond belief. I had moved there from Massachusetts. I wish I could recommend someone for you.
  7. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

Did you move there just for your illness? Had you tried it out for a couple months first?

We did that twice in 2 seperate areas and after I was there a bit it dried my joints and muscles out so bad that I was much worse.

I will never live there again.
  8. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

I followd up on the links you sent and I found a place called Arrowhead Health.. I hit the motherlode.. They have an FM dr family doctors and physical therapy and chiropractors all in the same building... One stop shopping! I love it. its only like 10 minutes from where I live . I don't have insurance and the fees aren't horrible

So turns out its allergies dr gave me an inhaler, nose spray and pills to take..feel better already
    as for the entire body shakes I have.. I was only taking my Buspar once a day..he told me to take it 3x a day (which is how I was told to take it anyway just never did)
    si I am still really shaky today hoping this will get in my system and calm me down
    My BP is up my pulse was 86! normally its 70-72
    just a big fat tremor..

I moved here to help the FM and I am getting divorced and one of my great friends lives here. (What stress????) Unfortunately, she is going through a bad time now too which isn't helping me either... shes real needy right now and I love her dearly and can't turn my back on her...

My pain is better but these allergies are knockin me on my tail
    Keep ya posted!!

huhs and many thanks for all your help !!!!