Just my opinion

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by RoseTx, Nov 5, 2002.

1. RoseTx

RoseTx New Member

I have been posting on this board off and on for about three years. I have not been here oftenthis past year. My husband died in January and I have needed time in private to learn to live again. When he first died this board and in particular this worship forum was one of the things that kept me sane. There were friends on this forum from every walk of life and from several countries. Some of them were Christians, some were Jewish, some Agnostics and others who believed there was some being greater than themselves but couldn't give their beliefs a name. When I asked for prayers I received hundreds of posts and many more private e-mails and bunches and bunches of cards and letters. Many of those contained money. I don't know what I would have bought the groceries with those first few weeks until I got Jim's insurance and finally got my SS straightened out. I received good luck charms, instructions on meditation, and many beautiful objects made my my many different and varied friends who offered these objects in friendship and love and a desire to say to me, "I love you. I wish I knew what to say," And I took them with the desire to say, "I love you and appreciate your prayers and good will, no matter what you call your God or your Higher Power. I appreciate all of your good thoughts and mostly your love for me."
    I am a member of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints. We are commonly refered to as "Mormons." We have thirteen articles of faith that state clearly and concisely what we believe. Firstly, "We believe in God, the Eternal Father and in His Son, Jesus Christ and in the Holy Ghost." But in article eleven we state, "We claim the privileege of worshipin Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow allmen the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may."
    I have said all of that to say this. When I come to this forum asking for prayers, I don't really care where your conscience leads you to direct your prayers. If you feel you need to be praying to the door knob on your front door, if it suits you it pleases me to death. My understand is that this is a WORSHIP FORUM and is open to man and women of all faiths or no faith at all. This past year I have been upheld and enfolded in the arms of God and the brothers and sisters all over the world who prayed for me. Just as God has promised I have been upheld by the prayers of the righteous and it has been beyond my ability to give thanks for those prayers, good wishes, and kind hearted people. May our God continue to bless us all with the peace that passeth all understanding. Love, Hugs, and a deep abiding respect for all of you. Hugs, Rose
  2. Jude

Jude New Member

Rose, I have wondered about you often this past year. I understand the need for some me time in order to learn who you now are. You are still Rose and you're working on a new facet to make that diamond reflect light back out in new directions. Peace and tranquility be with you.

Jude
  3. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Lord knows the only words I have to say are of sincerely godly-felt repentence for anything I have done to hurt or injure anyone.

We do pray for you and your family. Love CactusLil & family.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You don't know how good it is to have you back with us. We have missed you terribly. Prayer is a powerful thing and we are all brothers and sisters on this earth.

Love, Mikie
  5. RoseTx

RoseTx New Member

I have missed all of you. It is good to start living again. Lil/Jan what on earth are you repenting of? I guess I don't understand what your post means.I really do appreciate your prayers. Hope to hear from all of you as you have the time. Hugs, Rose
    [This Message was Edited on 11/07/2002]