Just need a hugg!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fibrotears, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Fibrotears

Fibrotears New Member

Yet again I cannot sleep. It's 3:10 in South Africa.

I'm in SO much pain tonight and really feel alone and need a hug!! My FM flared up, it's winter outside, but it's actually supposed to be our summer months now. And cold = PAIN, lots of PAIN!! And my rectal and vaginal spasms and pain is SO BAD as well. I feel like ripping those damn muscles out!!

My doctor let me know last week that December will be his last script for pain meds for me!! So I guess I have to, yet again, go out there and find a sympathetic doc that will be willing to continue my pain meds.

I just wish that these stuck-up docs can feel my pain for just even one day and then hear what they have to say then!!

To every one out there feeling alone and needing a hug, don't feel alone, you're not alone.
    I'm feeling alone as well and am in desperate need of a hug as well!

God Bless
  2. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

The best I can do is a Cyber hug(( hugs)) I so feel for you. Although my dr dosent have much in her bag of tricks to make me normal, and whole again. One thing she will not do is leave me in irretractable pain!

And for that im grateful! Yes I think if dr's or anybody for that matter,could walk just one miserable day in our shoes there would probably be a treatment by now.

I tried to explain to my husband a thousand times.......this could be you tomorrow! You think it would scare the crap outta him.....nope. ;/

Pleas start looking now for a dr so you won't have to bein so much pain after December. Take care, and once again (( hugs))
  3. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

I know the feeling all too well. My doc prescribed physical therapy, of all things! I know exercise is supposed to relieve pain, and it IS in the water, but my PT is one of these "feel the burn" types, and the thoughts I had about him the other day wouldn't qualify me for sainthood! And it is SO cold here right now - about 12 below zero.

My pain meds put me right in the middle of a debate. If I take the NSAIDS, it isn't enough and with liver disease, they aren't really good for me. Taking stronger meds makes me so loopy, I can't function. And my doc said those are my ONLY options. I said "You're wrong! There HAS to be another way!" Supposedly knee replacement was the ONLY option for me as well, but then I found a doctor in Florida who uses stem cell therapy to regrow and regenerate lost cartilage. My doctor immediately pooh-poohed the idea as "radical". I said "Is that because YOU can't do it?" He thinks I'm a pain. I said "Well, if I drop down dead, you would miss me for maybe two days. My family would miss me the rest of their lives. You don't live in this body. **I** do!" Main thought: if it's out there, if it exists, you CAN find it! Sometimes, though, it's like trying to climb Mt. Everest naked! LOL!

But I have lots of hugs to give, so here's a basketful! And if you need more, I have plenty!

4. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Sorry to hear you are in so much pain--I too totally understand. And, I pray my dr. never leaves in me in horrible pain. I take tramadol--generic for Ultram and Gapatentin---generic for Neurotin. When the spasms get bad I use a muscle relaxer called Robaxin.

I'm sending you a bunch of hugs and my little dog sends you some snuggles~~~~~~~~

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

In the U.S., there is a Patients Bill of Rights which states that we are entitled to relief for pain. On the other hand, the DEA is intimidating docs to stop prescribing pain meds. Florida has a lot of pill mill docs who prescribe to addicts and to people who sell their scripts to addicts. This has made it very difficult for those with bona-fide pain to get relief.

Less than one percent of those with chronic pain become psychologically addicted to their pain meds. Unfortunately, they can develop tolerance and require more and more medication in order to do the same thing. There is a mechanism in which the brain will produce more pain signals in response to pain meds. Physical tolerance on pain meds produces withdrawal when weaning off. It is dangerous for pain docs to prescribe and then abruptly stop. Many of these docs do no understand our pain. Many do not even know the difference between physical dependence and psychological addiction.

I did not want to be on Morphine or bedridden the rest of my life so I looked for alternative treatments. The Guaifenesin Protocol worked for me and I'm forever grateful for it. Like everything else, it doesn't work for everyone but it got me out of bed and off Morphine. Klonopin has been shown, in studies, to stop pain signals from the brain's neurons. Klonopin is one of the pillars of my regimen. Klonopin is in the benzodiazepine family and I am physically dependent on it. If I ever want to wean off, it will take a year to get off of it without horrible withdrawal symptoms. Still, I couldn't do anything without it.

Physical therapy DID help with the pain a great deal. It was something I could even do in bed. It not only helped with pain but kept my body strong and agile even when I was bedridden most of the time.

Soaking in Epsom Salts helps with pain almost immediately. Some here get relief with Malic Acid supps which are sold here.

There is no magic bullet for us but if we can get a bit of relief from enough different things, it can make the difference between being able to function versus being bedridden in pain.

Love, Mikie
  6. inbetweendays

inbetweendays New Member

cyber hug going out to you....dont curse the darkness--light a candle instead....
  7. inbetweendays

inbetweendays New Member

It can be such a difficult lonely journey...
  8. azmiranda

azmiranda Member

If I were there I would give you a hug.....hope you are feeling better today. :)
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Almost forgot the hug (((((((((((hug))))))))))

Love, Mikie