Just need a shoulder to cry on

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LauraLea, Feb 25, 2003.

1. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

My boss is great but she is a small business and is strugling with cash flow. I agreed to go part-time because she could pay me more and the guy in the next suite over needed a part-time office person to assist him.

This seemed like and ideal situation I would be making more money which would help greatly. Well he paid me 4 days late, okay I can handle that, but now his check has bounced. He was honest and told me it might happen because of some funds the bank was holding.

Well as you can guess this has cause a huge problem financially for me. I'm looking at a OD balance of almost $200.00 and I have another $200.00 or so in outstanding checks...

So here I sit in one of my offices cry my eyes out because I don't know what to do.. I thought this would help me and it's turned into more stress. Sometime I feel like I can't win anymore.... I just want to hide under a rock..

Now I'm all upset and I know this is not good for this DD.

I am unsally a very positive person, but it's been hard for the last three year. Each year I keep telling myself it's going to get better. I don't want to be rich, I just want to be okay.
  2. Chrissy2

Chrissy2 New Member

Lauralea-

I'm so sorry to hear of the rough time you've been having lately. I will be praying that the funds come through for you soon. Hang in there. It WILL get better!

Hugs,
    Chrissy
  3. popgun

popgun New Member

the problem of money is the only ansewer is more money,I would ask somebody for a short term loan because everybody charges for for short checks. If you keep your 2nd job try and get cash or if its a check call the bank everyday till they say it will clear,take the check to the bank it came from that way it won't bounce.this is one of those problem that have only one fix.
  4. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

who has received a bad check and explain what is going on. Most people will understand as long as you are honest with them. Tell them what you are able to do and when you plan to do it. The fellow who wrote the bad paycheck should pick up the bad check charges. Call your local labor & industries office and tell them what has happened. Lodge a complaint against the person you worked for. It is up to you whether you want to continue working for this man. If he is honest with you and picks up the charges voluntarily, I would probably be willing to give him a second chance. You know the person, so you have to be the one to make the decision. I hope that it works out for you.
    Kathryn
  5. AnnetClo

AnnetClo New Member

and I hope things work out. And like someone else said, you may want to rethink whether or not you should continue working for this man. Whatever you decide, you will be in my thoughts.

(((hugs)))
    Annette
  6. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

and if one of us wins we'll help each other out so we dont have to struggle. If I win I'll set ya all up so you dont have to worry no more.
    Carlacat
  7. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

I'm feeling a lot better now. I guess I just needed a good cry.....

I've already talked to him and he will pick up the charges, but I do have my resume out on the internet. I just dread the thought of going on interviews. Oh well what can you do?

I am gratefull for all of the support we all receive here... Sometimes you've just got to talk with someone who understands.

Well now I'm very tired I knew that would happen so I'm going to take off early today, and screw them all if they don't like it.........
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This scumbag is cheating you and breaking the law and you are paying for him to do it. Find another part-time job; you don't need this kind of stress.

Love, Mikie