Just Need Someone to talk to!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LisaAnn81, Nov 25, 2002.

1. LisaAnn81

LisaAnn81 New Member

Hi, my name is Lisa and I am new to the board.

I am 21, and I know that I have FMS, all of the symptoms fit and there is nothing else that it could be. Today I have to go to the Dr. and get the proper diagnosis. I have known that I have had this for about 6 months. Suddenly I feel very scared again that I am going to be stuck with this for the rest of my life and as you all know that is not easy.

I don't know what else to say, I just needed to talk or in this case type stuff down. Thanks for listening...

Lisa

2. LisaAnn81

LisaAnn81 New Member

Hi, my name is Lisa and I am new to the board.

I am 21, and I know that I have FMS, all of the symptoms fit and there is nothing else that it could be. Today I have to go to the Dr. and get the proper diagnosis. I have known that I have had this for about 6 months. Suddenly I feel very scared again that I am going to be stuck with this for the rest of my life and as you all know that is not easy.

I don't know what else to say, I just needed to talk or in this case type stuff down. Thanks for listening...

Lisa

3. mamusia

mamusia New Member

Hi Lisa,

I am new to the board too, and to my diagnosis. I received mine in August of this year.

I am a new mom of 3 children and was frightened because I had symptoms for so long and was afraid because no one knew what it was. I would be sent away from so many doctors with the "it's in your head" or "you are lazy" etc. attitude.

At first when I got my diagnosis I kind of went inside myself and was feeling like I just let my husband and family down, and that I was a failure and that I would just never feel good again because there is no cure and they don't have a medicine that is working for me. But, at least you will now know what it is exactly and can move forward by finding a combination of things that may work for your case.

At least if the doctor is willing to help you, you could find out any underlying problems or symptoms and just take it one at a time to start to feel as good as possible each day.

Plus, I have found this board to be invaluable because I have been scared for me and my husband and kids and our finances, etc. but this board has allowed me to research and find support and know that we are not alone.

Hugs,
    Mamusia
  4. allhart

allhart New Member

im realy sorry to hear you have this dd ,but im very glad you found this board there are so many loving and caring people here and so much info,youll never feel alone here

welcome to the board
    kara
  5. LisaAnn81

LisaAnn81 New Member

I think I was fortunate with how my Dr. visits went. For a long time I had had problems and I never knew what it was, I went to the Dr. and he would tell me to gain muscle around my knee and take advil 2 times a day. Well, I did try that and obviously it didn't work. But then my boyfriend found this one website in June of this year and it listed everyone of my symptoms that I would never had thought to put together as one big syndrom. So we told the Dr. and they took all of the blood test and they came out negative, and now I am here.

I have heard some of the horror stories that people have had and I do consider myself very fortunate in that department.

Thank you for your post. I know I will eventually be okay.
  6. LisaAnn81

LisaAnn81 New Member

Thank you for your warm welcome. There is alot of good info on this board and I am glad I found it as well.

Thanks.
    Lisa
  7. jesuslover

jesuslover New Member

Hi, Lisa. I'm relatively new to the board myself. I've known about FMS for ten years now and have probably had it for most of my life. Anyway, yes, we all need someone to talk to. That's why I'm here. Talk away. There are a lot of books and resources out there about FMS, just search the web and you'll find more than you need to know.
    Let me know how I can help. You're on my prayer list.

Nancy S.
  8. mamusia

mamusia New Member

Your reply to me got me really thinking about how we have all had to take our health matters into our own hands. I think we must be one really strong group of people that just keep fighting back.

I will keep good prayers for you and that your doctor really works with you.

Definitely keep on posting because this is a lifesaver - - cherry flavor cause that's my favorite...LOL.

Mamusia
  9. LisaAnn81

LisaAnn81 New Member

I am glad that I know I have you and other people on this board to talk to. Thank you very much for your support.

Lisa
  10. LisaAnn81

LisaAnn81 New Member

As long as we keep fighting. It is true though.

BTW, Cherry is my favorite too!!! :)

Lisa
  11. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Lisa, glad your boyfriend found the board for you. He must be a careing person. You are fortunate with the doctor too.

I hope they fine a cause and cure for this illnes soon. It seems to be showing up in younger and younger people now.

The saddest stories I hear on this board, is the young Mother's and the young people like yourself with FM/CFS. It is so unfair.

Take care, and again a big welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl
  12. LisaAnn81

LisaAnn81 New Member

I hope they find a cure too. That would be pretty cool. I have read some stories with little kids who have it and they are just told that it is growing pains. I started to get symptoms at age 12, and that is what I was told and my mom feels really bad about that, and I just tell her that she didn't know and it isn't her fault. I have been telling her about what is going on and she has alot of the same symptoms and like myself I thought it was normal for along time. So she is starting to get checked by the Dr.

Thank you for the welcome, it is nice to meet you!!

Lisa
  13. Fibrobeachbum

Fibrobeachbum New Member

I have had this dd since childhood but after I broke my leg and had to have a steel rod it got worse. It is scary sometimes but I try to think about other things and do things when I can. This is a good place to come for support.
    Ann
  14. Stormy214

Stormy214 New Member

And you've come to the right place! I've only been here a couple of weeks myself, and despite a supportive family and friend network, I got more of what I needed here, in terms of affirmation of what I'm feeling, both physically and emotionally, advice and reassurance...and while I haven't really felt the need just yet, I'd be perfectly comfortable venting here where it would be accepted, whereas my family isn't so understanding about my temper tantrums ;-) Welcome aboard! I'm sure you'll like it, and I'm glad you joined us!
    Stormy
  15. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

I wanted to welcome you to the board. Sounds like you have a great guy--willing to help and be supportive!
    Although there is no cure, yet, there are many treatments that can greatly improve how you feel, and what you are capable of doing. Be patient, tackle it, and with a good physician, you can individualize your care and treatment.
    Best wishes,
    Karen
  16. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

I was scare too, and sometimes still am, but I have a wonderful life right now. I have a fun job (I quite my high-stress sale job $$) and a husband who is my world and a loving family. Some days are good some are not so good, but it's not ALL dome and gloom.

Just know there is somewhere to turn when you are feeling down, or if you have something good to share.

Big hugs to you ----
    Laura
  17. LisaAnn81

LisaAnn81 New Member

Thank you for all of your responses. I am very happy I found this board, it helped me get through my day!!!

I went to the Dr. today like I said earlier and I do have FMS, along with something else that we are trying to figure out. But I am glad that the day is almost over and start a new day tomorrow.

Thank you all for everything...I will stick around this message board, for I think there are alot of cool people here.

Always,
    Lisa
  18. 1Writer

1Writer New Member

Sorry I didn't get to greet you earlier...I'm a late night person...I'm new to the board, too and I have CFS. This site has been a God-send for me...sooooo much info...can't read it all...hang in there and everything will work out...everyone here is so thoughtful and helpful and the info on this site in invaluable! Hope to talk to you again soon.

Bye for now,
    #1Writer
  19. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I'm sorry about your dx, but I'm glad you have some clarity now and a doctor who's adept at dealing with FM. Visit us often here, you will find a lot of support and info that will help you! Let us know how you are doing...

Hugs,
    Pam
  20. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

Hi lisa,
    Im so sorry that you to have this dd its a tough thing to come to terms with,i was dx 6years ago & its taken me that long to accept it,it will never beat me & however bad it gets you have to keep telling yourself that.
    Welcome youve come to a great site where youll find lots info on fibro & more support than you could ever wish for.
    Take care & i look forward to getting to know you.
    sharon d(UK)