Just need to share and ramble

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bubblesgirl, Oct 21, 2005.

1. bubblesgirl

bubblesgirl New Member

Hi everyone

Please bear with me, I just need to share and ramble.
    This week has been the climax to the most horrible 14 months of my life.

My job entails me working with adults in a local government capacity. To cut a long story short. A person decided that I had done wrong by them and thought the answer was to threaten my life with a fire-arm. I trully thought I was going to die.

This week I had to face the culprit in a law court and after three days, the jury and the judge found the person guilty. At present I know it will be a custodial sentence but not for how long.

That should now be the closure of it, but I am scared that this person and their family will be even more angry with me and I am frightened that revenge may the way forward for them.

Even though the person's liberty will be taken away, my fear for my safety remains. The effect on my Fibro problem has been to up the depression and the isolation of the condition to its furthest extremities.

I need to talk to my boss who is usually empathic, but sometimes allows the Fibro to overshadow all other issues and pushes it back into the arena of do you think you are coping? Do you need to see Occupational Health? Why do all roads in other peole's minds lead back to fibro?
    I sometimes get sick of this being the lame excuse not hear what I am saying about other topics totally unrelated to Fibro...

In a bit of mess at the moment, this new experience has taught me that the sentencing of the guilty also means a sentence for the innocent.
  2. Grandma6

Grandma6 New Member

I don't really have any words of wisdom for you but as I started to post this I looked at your message board name, bubblesgirl, and it made me think; with a nickname like that you must be a really happy, bubblie kind of person and I bet you will come through this just fine. I agree that "the punishment dose not always fit the crime". Time and time we see rapist, murderers and other convicts getting released out into the public and I can not understand this either. I don't know what the answer is but I do belive in prayer and I will keep you in my prayers.

Fill free to come to these boards and share & ramble any time. I am fairly new here but I know I have been amazed at the support and love and understanding that I have found and it has given me an inner peace & calm when I need it. I hope you have family members outside these boards that can give you some sense of security but I assure you that you do have family here that will listen whenever you need.

God be with You,
    Grandma6
  3. elsa

elsa New Member

I am sorry you had to go through this. I also think you are very brave to have gone forward within the legal system to make this monster pay ... at least something for his actions.

Not all victims are strong enough to go forward, but you did and one less person will be on the streets for a while possible terrorizing someone else.

I wish I had some knowledge to help you out. I purposely withheld telling anyone about my fibro for the exact reason you have mentioned ... plus, it is private information and a possible tool against me in the future.

It can be tough at times keeping it under my hat, but worth it. I'll keep thinking positively for you.

What you went through and are going through results in legitimate trauma. It might not be a bad idea to receive some form of therapy to help you cope with it.

I'll be thinking about you ....

Elsa