Just need to vent a little, bad flare.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by erfula1, May 11, 2006.

1. erfula1

erfula1 New Member

I was so happy that I hadn't had a flare in so long. My supplements had really made me start feeling like a human again. I still had minor muscle aches and pains but no flu feelings. Now its back.

Every since I had the horse riding accident and broke my ribs its been bugging me. I keep getting the achy flu feeling plus my ribs hurt every time I move. I don't know if it is from the accident making it flare up or if it is from the stress of being out of work and worrying about money. All of our bills are paid but we're down to our last little bit of money and gas is so darn high!!!!

Things were going so good too. All of our bills are caught up. We just bought me a new horse for Mother's Day and we had gotten my son one but it is the one that I ended up rodeoing with. The man that sold him to us had advertised him as safe for a child to ride. We rode him when we first went to look at him and there were no problems but there also wasn't a barn around.

I rode him first when they delivered him and he laid down on me. So I made him get up and then got back on him. Then the second time my son was kinda afraid to get on him so I rode him to show him it was ok and before I could get my other foot in the stirrup he bucked me off. He went straight to the barn.

I think I may have cracked a rib then but I was running on adrenaline and got back on him. This time I got both feet in the stirrup and he took off bronco bucking. I stayed on him a long time but he had taken the bit away from me and I couldn't get it back and he was bucking straight toward the barn so I guess it was good I came off when I did but that time I felt my ribs snap. I also hurt my hip and couldn't get up on my own.

I was so mad though!!! When I finally got up I tied him up and I looked him in the eye and I told him that if I wasn't so hurt I would get right back on him and he would not go back to that barn. Needless to say hubby called the man and he gave us our money back and came and got him. I told the guy if it was gonna be my horse then I would get him out of that but he was not a child's horse.

To beat it all I also landed in poison ivy and i am extremely allergic to it. I had to go on prednisone and it is just now starting to dry up. I had it from my upper stomach all the way down to my ankles and on my back. It was awful!!!

So I am just venting now letting all this out so it doesn't build up and get worse. I don't know what is causing this flare, the accident or the stress but I hate it!!!! I also get this like electric feeling all over when I am still for too long. It is like my nerves and muscles have electricity in them. But if I move around too much then my ribs start hurting. AAAAHHHHH!!!! Does anyone else have this symptom or is it just me? It is sort of like they describe restless leg only it is in my arms and shoulders too.

Well I'm done now. Sorry you had to listen to that. Thanks for being there.
  2. Bambi

Bambi New Member

mother described her symptoms as "electric" shooting around. Just a thought.
  3. georgianewyork

georgianewyork New Member

I hope this passes quickly for you.
    Feel better.
    Georgia
  4. erfula1

erfula1 New Member

Cause it is like the flu feeling, all over. It's like my arms and legs feel restless. It gets into my shoulders. It comes with the flu feeling though, and it only happens when I am inactive. Inactive like trying to stay in the recliner to rest my ribs or if I lay in bed too long.

It's been so long since I've had a bad flare. I've gotten used to the everyday aches and pains but the fatigue was pretty much gone and now it's back. I think injuries just take more out of me now. Plus I went a few days without all my supplements cause I didn't feel like opening all the bottles, isn't that sad? I took them all today and I do feel some better but not like I did. Hopefully after they get back into my system I'll feel better.

Thanks for being there.
  5. optimistic1

optimistic1 New Member

I am so sorry for your flare and hope you settle down quickly. Your experiences on your horse really did you in.
    The describing of your electric feelings really got my attention, as I too, have been feeling this way. I feel this has something to do with our nerves activating---turning on and off, etc. It sounds so crazy but I know just what you mean. This is so wierd and I just can't get this to "turn off." Have you had any success? I would be so appreciative for your or anyone's help here. Its so very uncomfortable.
    This is my first post. I read the postings here regularly and find them so helpful. Our mutual support for each other is wonderful and I thank you.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/11/2006]
  6. erfula1

erfula1 New Member

is St John's Wort. That is another reason that I think it was bothering me cause I hadn't taked any of my supplements in the last few days. St John's Wort helps with nerve spasms and pain. I know that it works cause hubby has phantom pains from his leg amputation and it stops them.

Hope this helps and it is good to know I am not the only one. This condition is so crazy that you never know.
  7. optimistic1

optimistic1 New Member

Thank you very much. I'll pick some up tomorrow. Good luck to you,
    Arlene
  8. erfula1

erfula1 New Member

Don't take it if you are on any MAOI inhibitors. And check with your Dr if you are on any depression meds cause they can react against each other.

I feel better pain wise today but I am still run down. I think it is because I've been around the house for over a week and it will take a little while to get my strength back.

Thanks for all your kind thoughts everyone.