just need to vent for a minute

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by loto, Nov 18, 2009.

1. loto

loto Member

Hi All
    Please allow me to vent and feel sorry for myself for just a moment!

I'm so sick and tired of dropping everything, I can't keep a grip on small things, such as paper, pen, my cell phone, etc.

And, I'm so uncoordinated lately in the way I walk, and lose my balance so easily. Last night I started to sit down on the couch, and went all the way forward somehow and almost dove face first into the floor. I did something similar to that the previous night, also. I don't know why I'm like this for a week or 2, then ok, then back to this way again. Why in the world does it come and go like that???

2. Rockismom

Rockismom New Member

I get a little "off balance" from time to time but notice it mostly when I have taken ambein to help me sleep. I don't take a lot of other meds, but wonder if your are taking something that may be making your balance not quite what it should be. Maybe check for side effects on you med info sheets.

About dropping things - I do the same. Usually the hair dryer or my hair brushes (in the morning when God and everybody can hear it slam on the floor like a ton of bricks!) I remember dropping trays of pre-sorted mail and boxes at work. Didn't make for a very good day!
    Thank goodness I've never dropped a pot of hot water, glass of milk or anything like that.

I think our co-ordination just gets a little off kilter from time to time....some more than others. Not sure why.

I'd be interested to read other's comments on this!

Good luck,
  3. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

ME/CFS and FM are neurological illnesses, so that definitely has something to do with it

I can relate, too.....dropping things, misjudging where things are, bumping into things, getting off balance, etc.....and I never used to be that way.....and I am not on meds that would do that
  4. wendysj

wendysj New Member

Hi Aunt Tammie,

I visited a Neurologist today and asked him specifically about FM and CFS being Neurological. He said that if he could answer that, he could retire. He said that it is so complicated and still unknown causes.

I think I've seen you say CFS/FM was Neurological before. May I ask why you think so? I'd also like to ask what you think about the virus. Do you think that discovery will help us?

I don't mean to put you on the spot, I'm just curious... I'm trying to learn as much as possible. A little bit from everyone and I'll be SUPER smart by the time I'm cured. :)

5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I second Aunt Tammie's motion. Or would that be mis-motion? Sometimes
    when standing I start to topple over and have to put out a leg or grab a wall.

Lately I've been having trouble pouring milk into a glass. And bumping my
    head getting in/out of the car.

A few years ago I was seeing phantom cats out of the corner of my eye.
    I read that could be a symptom of an earlier temporal lobe injury. Anyway,
    that symptom is now gone.

Wonder what new and exciting symptom these DDs have in store for us.

6. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

This is a great place to vent , unload whatever ... one just feels better after getting something off their chest it seems. I do the same things dropping things everyday, glasses are the worst or maybe the water filled glass globes in a store once and it was like my hands just turned to mush and the beautiful globe fell to the floor and broke into a million pieces with water running everywhere. My Grandson yelled out "clean up on alse 3 " I wanted to crawel in a hole.yesterday was getting up from my computer chair lost my balance and fell bumping my head on another wooden chair, nice goose egg. So yeah every day I break something or spill something making myself lots of messes to cllean up.Your sure not alone in this instance. God Bless
  7. loto

loto Member

Every big sized drinking glass in my house has been broken by me. So, I had to start buying plastic ones. Otherwise every time I do dishes I'd be breaking them all, and cutting myself. It's kind of strange, the last one I broke while doing dishes cut my finger pretty deeply and bled a lot for a long time. I asked my teenage son to please finish the dishes for me, and he said he didn't want to---he was afraid my blood got in the dishwater, and he said he didn't want to get fibromyalgia! I told him he couldn't get it like that, and no blood got in the water anyway cause i pulled my hand out right away.
    Now, although I haven't read much about the x virus or whatever possibly causing our dd's, but it may be possible, right???
    I haven't read much about it, because honestly it kind of scares me.