Just need to vent - Major Flare...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by northwoodssue, Feb 19, 2003.

1. northwoodssue

northwoodssue New Member

Hi All:
    I really appreciate this board and the support that is given. I am in the middle of a MAJOR flare up, and have severe pain everywhere, almost enough to make me sick. I've doubled my pain pills and may increase them again, all within the guidelines of my pain pills. Have been using heat pads and resting, but am sick of resting. I was all excited about our churches Easter musical, Calvary's Story, and was going to join the choir tonight to start on the musical. But I don't even feel like that now. I always got alot of pleasure out of the choir, but am hurting too much now. How much more can this DD take away????
    My flares are lasting longer than my supposedly good days now. I am in severe pain for weeks with just one to 4 "good days", then back to pain. It's all getting me down. I started on antidepressants 3 weeks ago which help, but just need to vent. It's nice to hear someone who is feeling good like Mikie's post. Makes me feel better.
    I appreciate all the support on this board. It's great to know you guys have either had this problem or something like it.
    Thanks for listening, and sorry to be such a downer...
    Sue

2. catgal

catgal New Member

Hi Sue~~Sorry to hear you are having a bad flare. You said your flares were becoming more frequent and lasting longer. Though anything can set off a flare, have you been under more stress than usual over the past months or been worried about something or someone?

I know my flares get worse going into the holiday season and after the holidays. Since having these illnesses, I find that my ability to handle any kind of stressors has decreased considerably.

Take this time to pamper and nurture yourself. I hope this flare won't last too long, and you can get back to doing what you want. Blessings to you, Carol...

3. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Sue, I am sorry to hear you are going through so much, and that the good days are so few. I know how disappointing this is, I have been there. Sometimes the good days, seemed to be filled with the dread of whats to come again, kinda taking the enjoyment out of them. Severe pain does leave one with such a hopeless feeling. Please take this time to take extra good care of yourself. Vent when you need to, we have all been there, and know that another's support and concern, is so helpful. I get very depressed when I look at the things I can no longer do, that once enjoyed so very much. I have had to reinvent myself, including new hobbies and interests that fit my capabilities now. I have even found some things that are very rewarding, relaxing, and pleasureable. Hoping your good days increase,
    Regards...LL