just need to vent

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BethM, Sep 5, 2002.

1. BethM

BethM New Member

Having a tough day today, want to go home and sleep, but have to be at work. Last night I started a belly dancing class, in hopes it will help loosen up this body, especially low back. It was fun, and I'm not too sore today, but afterward drove to the veterinarian's office to spend time with my little dog who has been there with respiratory distress since Tuesday afternoon. She's a very sick little dog. Got home about 8:45, had dinner too late, got to bed too late, still had to get up at 5:00 this morning for work. Yikes. Today is not going well, my temp is up to 99.4, the usual aching is starting. I am praying for no crises at work today! I'm also praying this doesn't turn into a flare, as it can so easily. We may have to make "the decision" about this little dog that we've only had for about a month, and this vet bill is going to be devastating for us.

Ok, thanks for listening. I know I can vent here and you all will understand that really, I'm not whining. Just feel like you know what. Today will pass, I can go home and rest tonight, go see the dog, get to sleep at a reasonable time, I hope.

Peace,
    Beth.
  2. BethM

BethM New Member

Having a tough day today, want to go home and sleep, but have to be at work. Last night I started a belly dancing class, in hopes it will help loosen up this body, especially low back. It was fun, and I'm not too sore today, but afterward drove to the veterinarian's office to spend time with my little dog who has been there with respiratory distress since Tuesday afternoon. She's a very sick little dog. Got home about 8:45, had dinner too late, got to bed too late, still had to get up at 5:00 this morning for work. Yikes. Today is not going well, my temp is up to 99.4, the usual aching is starting. I am praying for no crises at work today! I'm also praying this doesn't turn into a flare, as it can so easily. We may have to make "the decision" about this little dog that we've only had for about a month, and this vet bill is going to be devastating for us.

Ok, thanks for listening. I know I can vent here and you all will understand that really, I'm not whining. Just feel like you know what. Today will pass, I can go home and rest tonight, go see the dog, get to sleep at a reasonable time, I hope.

Peace,
    Beth.
  3. TiredbutWired

TiredbutWired New Member

I will be praying for you and your dear little dog.This is huge and I would be surprised if you did not get sick from all this pressure.With working with animals for so long and saving most of them,it is never easy and I just pray and pray and give them as much comfort as possible.I have found God to be very merciful with animals and even though a little piece of my heart goes with them I understand why he has called them home to rest peacefully.Love,Tracey
  4. TiredbutWired

TiredbutWired New Member

Oh,and about your vet bill I know it is hard to see this now but that will come back to you.You are doing a wonderful thing and that does not go unrewarded.What is the dogs name?Have a nice little talk with her tonight,I don't care what anyone says they do understand.If she has a favorite blanket or toy I would bring it to her especially if your scent is on it.Love,tracey
  5. BethM

BethM New Member

Your message helps. We got this little dog from a local shelter, to be a companion for our big lab mix dog, and because I wanted a little dog to cuddle. She'd been picked up as a stray. She's about 6 years old, a Spaniel and maybe Corgi mix. Precious, loving, cuddly little thing, we've had her about a month. Not long enough, but if it is her time, at least we made her last month loving and happy. We'll know more by tonight or tomorrow. I try not to think about the cost...

I'll get through today, half way there, fortunately, few people are bothering me today.

Peace,
    Beth.
  6. BethM

BethM New Member

I'll bring her blanket to her tonight. Why didn't I think of that?? She has a blanket she sleeps on by the bed. I got her a doggy bed after we had her groomed and they had to shave her, but it's been too warm and she hasn't used it yet. I'll just close my eyes and sign the credit card slip, and try to bill it to the doggy health insurance, but we are in the 30 day waiting period for it. I've never gotten pet health insurance before, just had a feeling about this one. Just didn't quite get the timing right. Since her illness may have been precipitated by the smoke and ashes we got from a big fire near us last Sunday, they might consider it an accident and pay the claim. We can hope and pray. I'd like to have Cassie (short for Cassiopeia. Our other dog is Cosmo.) with us for a long time yet.
    Beth.
  7. herblady

herblady New Member

hang in there honey. it's hard, i know. but you are trying. i love the idea of a bellydancing class. i wish i could find one. i hope it helps you. cindi
  8. jackiec

jackiec New Member

I'm so sorry your little Cassie is so ill, it touches my heart very much. I just bet she knows how much you love her already, and that is surely a great comfort to her. I think the blanket was a wonderful idea! It must be dreadfully hard to leave her at night.......

Your bellydancing sounds great....hope it does miracles for your body, but take it nice and slow at first.

In friendship, Jackie
  9. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

so sorry you're going thru this...I have 5 cats & 2 dogs & they are definitely part of the family. I'll add Cassie to my growing prayer list.

Just a thought that maybe since you've got all this stress, maybe the bellydancing class is too much at this time, at least while Cassie is still in the hospital. Could you miss a class or two till things settle down or would this put you too far behind? Maybe the instructor would help you make up what you missed. I just think that not getting home till 8:45 then having to get up at 5 is maybe pushing it? I also get up at 5, I was in bed at 9 last night, worked 1/2 day, & I came home exhausted!

Take care of yourself. Hope the ins. covers the bill, just don't worry about it now. You'll be in my prayers. Michele

[This Message was Edited on 09/05/2002]
  10. BethM

BethM New Member

It's been an up and down day with this mess. The vet told me earlier this afternoon that Cassie was worse and implied that she wasn't going to make it, so I spoke with my spouse and we decided to go there this afternoon and have her put to sleep. But she seems to have made a sudden turn around, so I guess she will be coming home tomorrow. I don't know what to expect now. Whew. Thank you for your support through today.

The dance class is only one hour once a week, so I think it'll be ok. I'm amazed at how stiff I was, how this body that I used to know how to move has forgotten so much. It'll take time.

Almost go home time, thank heaven. I foresee a night of a quiet dinner spent with our big dog and the television set or a good book, and early to bed. TGI almost F.

Peace,
    Beth.
  11. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Let us know how the belly dancing goes, maybe something others might want to think about for exercise if it agrees with you.

I am so sorry about your little dog, I have five dogs, just lost one three weeks ago, she was 17 years old. I am still not over it.

Also just 'found' one in the supermarket, very small about 6 months old, and about three pounds.

I will pray for your pup . God loves His creatures too. If you are interested we do have a Worship Board for prayer request, just go to 'Message Boards' at the top of this page and it will bring you to an index of the boards on this site, its on the left side of the index.

Do take care and hopefully you will pass up a flare.

Shalom, Shirl
  12. Suze

Suze New Member

Her story sounds a little like one of our cats'. Eve was ill with something the vets never did identify. She was at the animal hospital for days, racked up a big bill, and the vets at one point gave up hope. But Eve rallied, came home, recovered, and lived many years.

We wish the same for your little dog.

Suze
  13. TiredbutWired

TiredbutWired New Member

I am going to keep praying for little cassie if I am up all night like I usually am then I will pray all night!I have had animals that the vet says there is no way they will make it through the night and have them fully recover.He has a lot more faith in me now and has referred animals my way.Love and prayer is a powerful medicine!!Please try to take care of yourself during this time this would be extremely stressful on a healthy person.Love,Tracey
  14. BethM

BethM New Member

for your prayers and support. Yesterday, Cassie seemed to rally a bit, and we thought we would take her home today. But the vet called this morning, and told me that this sweet little dog passed on last night. I had a strong feeling this would happen, so I wasn't surprised, but I am still very sad, hard not to be crying at work. I'll be ok, I am so very glad it is Friday. We have plans to celebrate our anniversary with friends tomorrow, so that will help. And we do have our big dog at home, too. I'm glad Cassie was in our lives for even the short time we had her. Everything happens for a reason.

Peace,
    Beth.
  15. TiredbutWired

TiredbutWired New Member

I am very upset that she did not make it but I am glad she does not have to suffer.Now I will pray that all my freinds will greet her at the gates of heaven and they can all frolic together!Love,Tracey