Just need to whine

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hope4Sofia, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

Yesterday was a great day. Today - not so much. I think I pushed myself too much yesterday.

I woke up with that cement feeling. Just hurt, heavy, tired. Somehow got my kids to school (thanks to my trusty baseball cap).

My feet and legs hurt. Feels like there is no cushin at all in them - just hard bones. They throb like I walked all day at Disney Land in heels. They hurt all the time. Even lifting my foot for the gas pedal hurts. I gripe to my husband but he doesn't have much response. Think he's sick of hearing it. I wear soft comfy shoes but they still hurt.

My back hurts. My head hurts. I'm GRUMPY! Picked a fight with hubby today over a quesadilla. Poor guy. He really puts up with a lot.

I think I'm having a herx reaction...again. I changed my diet a lot about 2 weeks ago. Got rid of sugar, yeast, etc. and within days of the change got the "flu". Now, I started probiotics 3 days ago and feeling flu-like again. I think I'm herxing.

This all sounds so glum. I really am glad I've been diagnosed finally. And I'm glad I'm making healthy changes which will hopefully improve my life. But right now it's hard. Hard to change. Lonely. Feels like I've been this way forever and have only gotten worse. UGH!

I want to be that woman who turns her life around. Makes an unbelievable comeback. Just wish I could sit with friends like me and we could all share our whines and love eachother anyway.

Thanks for listening. Just needed to ramble.

Sofi
  2. sarahann61

sarahann61 New Member

I hope all the changes you have made will pay off soon, and you will be feeling better..

With the flu bug running rampant, maybe you do have the flu.. But, I do know that a flare feels like the flu, with the aches and pains..

I feel like a lead weight is on me, when I am retaining fluid, and I have deep pitting edema...

The only way I can stay on my feet at all is to wear the more expensive walking shoes, with the padding..

I can't just stand even with those shoes on, hurts my back, and legs.........

I cannot stand, in the shower, very long, because, the padding is gone in my feet.. It is like bone against, the hard surface.. I told my Dr ,I had lost the padding in my feet, and he just laughed at me. He said, that he had too, it happens with age.

I do not believe ,that he had the vaguest idea, what I was talking about....

But, I understand what you are saying, completely, and my heart goes out to you. Hope, you will be feeling better, very soon.......
  3. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

It feels good just to be heard. That is how my feet feel - like you described. bone on bone. I'm only 32 so it's hard to believe this is just age. It's discouraging. Thank you for listening and empathizing with me. I just need to be understood right now. It means a lot to me.

Sofi
  4. MamaR

MamaR New Member

that you had such a bad day.

I can relate to the feeling so well. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day for you.
    I am sure that your hubby understands.

It sounds like you are positive about trying to feel better with the new diet, etc. It will get better!!

I pray your night is good... and you can rest!

Big Hug to you dear....Mari
  5. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I took a bath and found a little comfort. Thank you for your kind words.

sofi
  6. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I like the sense of humor despite the crappy situation.

Tell me about this hat.Is it magic.And you know something really funny.You were talking about wanting to be a woman that turns her life around.Well I know you can.

I had the same idea.And I came up with this idea to do some beading work on different items.And it just so happen my first project was a baseball cap.

On the front I beaded TAWANDA(fromt the movie fried green tomatoes) and also did some needle point .On the back I needlepointed Watch Out! In big red letters the needlepointed the face of a crazy lady along side it.

This is my new lucky hat.

I have had one person already ask for me to make them one.

It may take me a month to get it down but I am gonna try.

We can make steps forward even if they are little ones.Just don't give up.We get down and that is always gonna be a part of this illness but it is the getting up that makes us winners.

Keep going.

OH by the way...who got the quesadia?

Sheila
  7. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Have you tried any of the detox baths? There are some recipes going around the board right now...maybe it will help get rid of those toxins faster for you...Love, Terri
  8. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

Thank you for listening to my whines! It makes me feel like I'm in good company (unfortunately for you).

Sheila - My cap is black with faux-diamand words that say Bad Hair Day. It's part of my morning uniform.

The quesadilla episode was a typical example of what happens when I've gone too long without eating. I jumped down the waiters throat because the chef decided to change the way they make the dish and that just wasn't ok with me in my hypoglycemic state! Anyway, hubby was embarassed (rightly so) and that made me feel bad so I jumped down hubby's throat too. Good thing my human contact was limited.

Alaska - a cleansing bath sounds pretty good. I'm going to look into that.

I just woke up and still my feet hurt! I haven't even gotten out of bed but I feel like I've been walking for miles. Oh well.

Thanks for being there,
    Sofi