Just new to this board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by melksng, Nov 3, 2002.

1. melksng

melksng New Member

Hi everyone,
    My mum introduced me to this board as she and my sister have fibro too. Im 15 years old and thought we were alone with this disease. Im so glad to know there are other people out there who understand what its like to live everyday with pain, I hope i can be of help to anyone who needs someone to listen to when the pain gets too much. (HUGZ) ....Melissa
  2. melksng

melksng New Member

Hi everyone,
    My mum introduced me to this board as she and my sister have fibro too. Im 15 years old and thought we were alone with this disease. Im so glad to know there are other people out there who understand what its like to live everyday with pain, I hope i can be of help to anyone who needs someone to listen to when the pain gets too much. (HUGZ) ....Melissa
  3. Fairyeyes

Fairyeyes New Member

I'm glad you found us!
  4. joyof3

joyof3 New Member

Welcome, you will find alote of info from this message board. stephanie
  5. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I'm so sorry all three of you are suffering with this! But I'm glad you found this board, it's a great resource. I come here most days & almost always learn something new. It's good to know others who really understand & can appreciate how we feel.

Glad you are here & give our best to your Mom & sis...

Many hugs (softly),
    Pam
  6. kadywill

kadywill New Member

Glad you meet you and I know you'll find some comfort and info here! Love to the family!
    Kady
  7. UmiBear

UmiBear New Member

I'm glad you found us! I'm so sad you have this disease at such an early age. I'm 44, but I once remember having a friend at work whosr 16 year old daughter had Fibromyalgia, and she confided in me about how truly difficult it is for a young person to have this condition. With the burden of school assignments and sometimes unsympathetic teachers, it can feel like you're all alone. But take heart, and keep trying. Never give up. It helps to arm yourself with as much information about the condition as you can. When I was working I used to keep an article in my desk that explained about Fibromyalgia so it would be handy anytime anyone asked. You might want to find/keep such an article with you, perhaps in your backpack to give to teachers, etc. Anyway, take care and best wishes to you.
  8. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Just wanted to welcome you, your mum, and sister to the board. It's great to have a place that's supportive and filled with info.
    Best wishes,
    Karen