Just not plugged into Christmas this year

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by minkanyrose, Dec 24, 2006.

1. minkanyrose

minkanyrose New Member

Went to court for divorce dec 1st and I am glad it is over. Have been so stressed this year that I am in a state of just here.

One son in the navy going to his dad's this year for christmas. other son and his wife spending it with her family. 2 teen daughters going to their dad's and boy friends this year. I planned nothing gave them all money for x-mas so they could do as they needed.

I just don't want to celebrate or do anything so told Kids to make plans with other families. I feel good knowing they have things to do but I just want to be alone and in peace and quiet.

My mom is in texas for the winter months and my siblings have other plans so I don't have to worry about offending them.

Any one else feel this way or am I just facing symptoms that are rare this year. Maybe next year I will want to do something but not this year.I am not sad about it or feeling left out I just don't want to participate in anything.

WISHING EVERYONE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR.
    Brenda
  2. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

hi minkanyrose

i feel just about the same. i am having christmas with my kids tomorrow but really just to tired to. i am giving my kids money also.
    i am buying for my grandson i think he is the only reason i want to go tomorrow. my kids are all at thier dads tonight. and i am not sad about it either.
    i really wish it was over. i do not even have a tree up.i should feel differant since it is a very important birthday but i have been to sick i guess.

merry christmas
    glenda
  3. gidgetsmom

gidgetsmom New Member

You're not alone this year!!

We usually have a big family get-together, but it's just not the same this year.

Did most of the shopping online as I don't do crowds, especially this time of year!! We didn't even put up a tree this year. Everybody except for 2 will be here tomorrow, but it's just not festive as it usually is.

Best thing about it is don't have to go back to work until a week from Tuesday, and I sure can appreciate what you mean by "peace and quiet"!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
    Shelley

4. sascha

sascha Member

just not into it or mainly UP to it. every task looms so large. i loved reading about person who spent four hours wrapping presents and it totally did her in (although i am sorry- i do relate totally). i also was wrapping some things and it seemed like climbing Everest. now a couple of people are coming over for Christmas Eve crab dinner. everything is pre-cooked, really. but i so didn't want to do any work in the kitchen; not before, not during, and not after. i just want peace and quiet. tomorrow i'm going to my son's and wife's home, and they know how i feel at times so i can just curl up, lie down, and let people wait on me! at least those are the only terms i think i can go on. and my other son can drive us.

i used to love Christmas big time, but when you ache and feel terrible, what's the point. there is no point in killing yourself over it. but i do so grieve for the time i had more energy and life force.

best wishes to all- let's take good care of ourselves and not feel guilty about it!! Sascha