Just noticed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ozgran, Mar 18, 2003.

1. ozgran

ozgran New Member

Have been battling a nasty bug which has put me in bed most of the time since last week. Developed a nasty cough and much phlem. Hubby went to chemist for me to get a cough mixture suited to a diabetic. Was not supposed to be good for people with BP probs or on anti-dpressants. Chemist said however taken for a few days would not hurt. What has intrigued me is looking at the bottle again just now I discovered the heaviest concentration is of Guai. Anyone else notice that in cough mixtures before? I would not have taken any notice had I not been a part of this board. The phlem etc is certainly better, but maybe thats why I have a herx effect??? I don't know really. Am not up with these things yet.Just found it interesting. Love Ozgran.
  2. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

That is what it was orginally for, a cough experterant (sp) You can find it in Robotussin but not in high doses like fibro patients take in the pill form.

hugs,
    Jeanna
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Is an off-label use of this medication as it was primarily developed to thin mucus. Guai is the main active ingredient in many cough medications.

Love, Mikie