Just now getting Orthastatic Intolerance?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JShuler43, Sep 17, 2006.

1. JShuler43

JShuler43 New Member

I've had severe CFIDS for 14 years. I've never thought I had any orthastic intolerance until a little over a month ago. I was getting so faint and sweating when standing. Tested my blood pressure and it drops around 20 points when standing and my heart beat goes up by about 15 points.

I used to have low blood pressure until about 6 years ago and then developed high blood pressure, A few weaks ago when I started getting faint, I realized my blood pressure has gone down. I've stopped taking my high blood pressure medicine and now with my blood pressure at about 130, it only drops to 110 when I stand vs below 100 while taking the blood pressure medicine.

My question is that I am surprised that I am just now developoing orthastic intolerance, or maybe I had it all along and never noticed it since I never tested my blood pressure when standing vs sitting before. Anyone else develop orthostatic intolerance after having CFIDS for awhile instead of having it all along?
  2. justlooking

justlooking New Member

back to page one hopefully someone can assist you

sincerely
    JL
  3. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

I've had neurally mediated hypotension for about 11 years. It has improved with treatment for adrenal exhaustion by Clymer Healing Research Center. Mostly it is helped by the fact that I drink water and take small amounts of seasalt thoughtout the day. I carry salt with me in my purse and my water bottle so I don't feel so faint and dizzy when I'm out and standing in line. Water and salt have increased my blood pressure from 90 over 55 to 120 over 75.

Love, Jasmine