just one of those days

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by skychomper, Jun 3, 2003.

1. skychomper

skychomper Member

I can't take it anymore.

to my family, my illness is just "one of those unfortunate things" and since I've had it for awhile, they seem to have a strange mix of resignation and denial. they think either nothing can be done or that everything out there is just snake oil. or that I will turn into jesus and heal myself. I believe in keeping the faith, and thinking towards success, not failure, but I am no buddha!

I just hate how looking for help has become less of an emergency. they are so complacent about things as I kiss another four months of my life goodbye...too much talk and too little action. Im so sick of my situation!
    skychomper
  2. Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl New Member

I know exactly how you feel. Im struggling with this invasion of CFS in my body and family members just think its an overeaction to STRESS!
    I believe it came about at a time I was highly stressed but I know thats it something alot more serious than that. It affects your whole outlook on life. It takes over your mind, your body and your spirit. I have thought many times when I look at my family how lucky you all are to be so energetic and interested in life. I struggle sometimes to do the smallest things like going to the shops as I fear a panic attack with come on.
    I sympathise with you as unless you have experienced a chronic illness you cant really understand what someone who does have an illness is going through.
    I pray the Lord hears our prayers soon and sends something along to help our suffering.
  3. bejo

bejo New Member

I know how you feel.As I watch the rest of my family doing things that I don't feel like doing with them,I always feel so left out.Sometimes I just wish they would come sit down and talk to me about what I feel.But it doesn't happen and I don't suppose it will.I want to be part of their lives even if I'm not physically able to do everything with them.Somehow people think if you don't go and do things it is because you don't want to.So anyway,you're not alone.That doesn't help much but at least we all understand each other. bejo
  4. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

I'm sorry you are having a hard time. I am right there with you. Every time I think it can;t get any worse, it always does. I actually considered for a second today to just check myself into a mental hospital. I thought I was going to have a break down. I feel so out of control of my life. I cannot plan anything, and that drives me nuts!! I cannot do all the things that I used to like to do. My mom is the only one who can truly understand what I'm going through because she has this as well. Coming to this board has been the best therapy for me. It helps to talk with others who know what you are going through. Hang in there. I'll be praying for ya!

Kathryn
  5. skychomper

skychomper Member

thanks for being there for me...I really need it right now.
    It is so frustrating when people treat you like you are just depressed or don't want to do stuff, when really you do!

well, just another thing we all have to work through. thanks so much for listening and being there. nice to know we are all in this together...
    grateful,
    skychomper
  6. PAT

PAT New Member

Having one of those myself. Had a migraine yesterday (was the third day) and had all five kids home by myself. I didn't think I would make it through the day.
    But you always get to the next day, and all you can do is get there, and hope when you wake up it's gonna be better.
    I won't tell you 'don't get discouraged,' because I know some days you just can't help it; but before you know it you WILL have a good day.
    I'm not very encouraging today! Sorry! Just want you to know you're not alone!
    Patti G