Just Ordered Myself a "Seat Cane" So I Can Sit When Needed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by JLH, Jun 20, 2005.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

Does anyone have a seat cane -- a cane that has a fold-down seat on it, so you can stop and sit down at any point when you are walking and become tired?

I just ordered one. It is called a "Sports Seat". It is supposed to be extremely lightweight to walk with, but yet hold over 350 - 400 lbs.

It sounds like it will help me out. I can only stand up 10-20 min. at a time. Some days longer than others. When I need to just run into a store for a minute, I think I can make it, but will get in there and have to sit down and can't find ANY PLACE to sit! I think I'm going to die in pain.

Sometimes I will make it to the checkout and then about die in pain. I will take my cane everywhere now, so if I'm in a checkout line and can't stand up any longer, I'll just flip down the seat and sit until it's my turn!!

I needed a heavy-duty one, so I checked out every site on the web when I did a search for them. This one that I found holds the most weight, and appears to be the best of the bunch. All sites on the web offered basically the same ones.

Here is some info on this if you are interested:

(Commercial URL and info removed by moderator)

I can't wait to get it!!!

If anyone has any experience with one, let me know how you like it, please.

jlh
  2. pepper

pepper New Member

but I am going to look into it. My best friend who has severe CFS carries a tripod stool with her whenever she has to do any errands. It is sold in camera stores here, has a canvas seat that folds out and she loves it.

However, I think that the seat is too low and I probably weigh almost twice what she does so I have been hesitant to even try one.

The handy seat sounds great.

Thanks for the information.
    Pepper
  3. vp

vp New Member

I just checked out their website. Looks like a good product to me. Let us all know how it works for ya!!!
    Good Luck!!

Valerie
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

jih,
    Thanks for mentioning this, because I have been thinking about this, but didn't know one existed that would hold a decent amount of weight. I'm very interested in one as I was in agony standing and waiting to vote last November. Canes don't help me because I need to sit.

Please let us know when you get yours so we'll know how you like it.

I haven't been able to go to Walmart in so many months, it isn't funny. Last few times I was there, I had to get what I wanted and leave, because my back would start killing me. I found seats at the pharmacy and near the bathroom, but only those places.

Lots of hugs,
    Cat
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

This particular seat cane that I ordered is the ONLY one that I could find that would hold a lot of weight.

Most of them would only hold up to 150 lbs.

Well, unfortunately, I needed one to hold more!!!! LOL

It should be delivered in a couple of days.

I'll let everyone know how I like it.

You know, I'm really surprised that it didn't cost more.

jlh
  6. texasmaia

texasmaia New Member

Good for you!!!

I posted about these six months or so ago. My dad bought some at a garage sale in Scottsdale Arizona and loves them. I have used them when visiting him and we go sight seeing. They are wonderful!! I am sure you will enjoy and thanks for sharing the information. I will get one too.

Maia
  7. Muddieanne

Muddieanne New Member

I have one of these--not sure of exact name but ordered it from QVC. I use it when I have to stand in line at supermarket. I feel embarassed using it but food shopping has become so difficult for me because I can't stand in one spot without extreme pain.

Before I started using it I thought I was going to cry or sit on the floor while waiting in line.

Marie

I haven't tried the motorized carts because I would get confused and drive into someone or into a display.