Just overwhelmed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kat211, May 25, 2010.

1. kat211

kat211 New Member

I have been battling the worst allergies/cold that I have ever had for the past 2 weeks, and it just keeps getting worse. My meds have also started to lose there efficacy over the past few weeks, so my pain level is hovering back up b/w 7 and 10, depending on the time of day. I am fighting to stay awake. My hands hurt so bad they feel like someone smashed them with a hammer.

I have been pushing threw it b/c I don't have any other choice. I don't have anyone to help me with my son, house, or anything else. I broke down a few weeks ago and hired someone to mow the lawn for me so I could have less to worry about and try to conserve my energy for my son. Well, I found out yesterday that I am going to have to go ahead and file a complaint and intent to sue b/c the people i bought my house from refuse to respond to my attorney (I currently have half of my house sealed off b/c of mold that they covered up). This means my attorney's bills are going to start adding up very quickly. I have managed to be able to keep up until now, but I don't know if I will be able to stay above water. I'm going to have to start mowing the lawn myself b/c I can spend a dime unless is is positively necessary.

To add to everything, the wind blow a bunch of shingles off of my roof yesterday. There is one rather large area that they are all missing. I just filed a claim with my ins, but I still have to repair the area so that no more damage is caused or else my insurance will not cover it. Just the thought of being on that hot roof trying to repair it in the wind is enough to send me over the edge. It also looks like rain clouds are rolling in.

I'm really beginning to think my best option is to sell all of my crap, walk away from this house and say to heck with it all and go lay on a beach in Bali or somewhere.
  2. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

Oh, kat...

I don't know what to say to help, but I'll be praying that you stay strong throughout this ordeal, and that God gives you the resources (physically, emotionally, financially) to cope. (((((((hugs))))))) You do not have to do this alone.

It sounds as if your pain treatment is failing, perhaps you can ring an emergency call to your doctor and ask him/her to give you something better suited to your current situation?

LEFTYGG Member

you need to call a male friend or ex to come tarp the area. then insurance will pay to have repairs. then get someone that is cheaper and youll have money left over to live on. i feel so sorry for you. you cant climb on that roof!!!!! what if you fall what will happen to your son? get help. love gail
  4. kat211

kat211 New Member

I have already spent hundreds, if not thousands of dollars repairing the damage my ex did when he 'fixed' things around here. I can't financially, emotionally, or physically afford to have him touch anything. I am going up on the roof in a couple of minutes, after the tears dry.

I have worked very hard to repair my credit after my ex squandered away $52k and we lost everything a few years ago. The fact that I got it to the point where everything was paid off and I could buy another house was not an easy task. I am so torn right now. I really want to just sell everything and walk away from it. I don't know where we would go, but it would be far from here.

I just broke down into a sobbing fit of tears while writing this. My sweet sweet son just came and hugged me while patting my head. I feel so awful that he sees me like this. it isn't fair to him. he is too young.

This DD! I feel like i could cope so much better with all that I am dealign with if i just didn't have to deal with this DD and the he!! it puts us through! i am just so exhuasted.
  5. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

I am overwhelmed with emotion at your situation. I cant imagine what youre dealing with. I shudder to think of you up on that roof! Such a shame that theres no one to call on for help. I can relate to the feelings about your son. My 9yo has been taking care of me the last 2 days. And lots of hugs...he tries to make me feel better. He even washed his baseball uniform. But that gave him a sense of accomplishment. I had an epiphany last nite. Ive had debilitating back issues for years. Been on disability for 14yrs. I have 3 grown children. And my guilt wouldnt let me expect anything from them. It was my job to take care of them...not the other way around. So i had no expectations from them. And now i dont even get so much as a phone call inquiring about my well being. I expected nothing and now nothing is what i get. Its sad. Please let us know how youre doing. So many care.
  6. kat211

kat211 New Member

I managed to get my work done on the roof without any major incident. Now I am in a tremendous amount of pain. I don't think I have felt this bad since last august when I had an EB and fibro flare and a cyst on my rear end. I don't think there is a part of my body that is not hurting. I can only hope that the repair I made was the right thing to do and will hold. I also found that the dryer vent was clogged and I had to take care of it so there isn't a fire.

I'm just going to take a long hot shower and go to bed if I can get the energy to get off of the couch.
  7. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

{{{{{{{kat}}}}}} unfortunately I have been getting hit with one really rotten thing after the next lately, too, and as a result am unbelievably exhausted & just really sick, & freaking out about financial stuff, etc....so though my stuff is not exactly the same as what is going on with you, I can really relate, and I will definitely be keeping you in my thoughts & prayers.
  8. kat211

kat211 New Member

I woke up feeling pretty good. Then, within 5 minutes of standing up I felt awful. Our colds have gotten worse. My poor son has his 1st grade end of year picnic and is pushing along so he can go. He told me last night that if I needed a shoulder to cry on his was there for me. He is so wonderful and reminded me why it is all worth it.
  9. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

What an incredibly sweet son you have! Is the reason yall are sick because of the mold? Thats probably a really stupid question. Too bad the previous owners dont have a conscience. Just hiding it like that was a soulless thing to do.
  10. kat211

kat211 New Member

I don't think we are sick because of the mold. I think it is just a combination of awful allergies and a cold. I haven't gotten new symptoms since moving in. My son was preemie and has lung problems and he hasn't had any illness other than a cold here and there since moving in. He usually gets so sick that we either have to go to the dr or er and he hasn't gotten that sick since moving in here. The area with the toxic mold is sealed off from the rest of the house.

My son is very sweet. Thank you. I am so blessed to have such a great kid in my life. He makes my other problems melt away when i look at him.
  11. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

Im so glad to hear that the mold isnt the source of your problems. Thats good news. When i got pg at the age of 41 (i was 42 when he was born) most ppl acted like it was the end of the world. But this child has brought so much to my life.
    Im like jam...i keep ditching things. The less to take care of/clean the better. Hope your lawyer straightens this mess out.
  12. kat211

kat211 New Member

My atty just called and after he told the other attys that I am prepared to go to court today, the other attys magically became free on a few days for mediation.

It just poured rain so I got out of another day of mowing the lawn. It also means that I need to go into the attic and see if the roof is leaking. I don't know how I am going to get around up there b/c there isn't anything to crawl on, but i'd rather hurt more/longer than have another leak in the roof. The ins still hasn't called, so it's all up to me for the time being. At least the tornados and baseball sized hail waited to pass my house before they came down.

I have been trying to trim down my belongings over the past couple of years. We are having a garage sale saturday and i'm hoping to empty my house and garage of most of my crap.