just plain sick of being sick-tired,depressed&etc etc

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nje, Aug 22, 2002.

1. nje

nje New Member

hi i posted once before a couple weeks back,when i was first diagnosed with this crap. since then it has gotten worse, or maybe just all the symptoms kicked in at once. i`m seeing a rheumatoid doctor, who has me on something called sonata for sleep, and a pain pill so mild, an aspirin would probably do just as well, its called wygesic,and in its brand name was an ok drug. but they have quit making them in the brand, only generic is available, and its not doing anything for me. i told him last week when i went,i don`t think he heard me he was so busy listening to his ownself talk,but i am going to call him tomorrow and tell him, to prescribe me something to kill pain besides a generic aspirin,is what it amounts to anyway.well the sleeping pill is a knock out, it definitely puts me to sleep, where i want to stay asleep all night and all day. i talk in my sleep, i wake myself up talking in my sleep,i fall off the bed 2 or 3 times a week, i have no balance,i know people think i`m drunk whenever i do venture out of the house. so what do you do,when you are 52 years old, you look healthy,but you might as well be in a nursing home for all the good it does you. i can`t clean my house, cook,or wash clothes without a lot of help. i just feel hopeless, and helpless,can anyone out there empathize with me on this?if so please reply. i`m going off the deep end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nje
  2. nje

nje New Member

hi i posted once before a couple weeks back,when i was first diagnosed with this crap. since then it has gotten worse, or maybe just all the symptoms kicked in at once. i`m seeing a rheumatoid doctor, who has me on something called sonata for sleep, and a pain pill so mild, an aspirin would probably do just as well, its called wygesic,and in its brand name was an ok drug. but they have quit making them in the brand, only generic is available, and its not doing anything for me. i told him last week when i went,i don`t think he heard me he was so busy listening to his ownself talk,but i am going to call him tomorrow and tell him, to prescribe me something to kill pain besides a generic aspirin,is what it amounts to anyway.well the sleeping pill is a knock out, it definitely puts me to sleep, where i want to stay asleep all night and all day. i talk in my sleep, i wake myself up talking in my sleep,i fall off the bed 2 or 3 times a week, i have no balance,i know people think i`m drunk whenever i do venture out of the house. so what do you do,when you are 52 years old, you look healthy,but you might as well be in a nursing home for all the good it does you. i can`t clean my house, cook,or wash clothes without a lot of help. i just feel hopeless, and helpless,can anyone out there empathize with me on this?if so please reply. i`m going off the deep end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nje
  3. clueless

clueless New Member

Hello! I understand your pain and frustration. This is a hard disease to cope with but we have to do the best we can. I am quite new at this also and the other night I had the worst pain I have had yet and I am on a lot of meds. I also have periphial neuropathy . I was managing that fairly well until a surgery knocked me off my feet with an all encompassing pain that I could`nt handle at all. This fibro. is sneaky. You can have a fairly decent day and the next day you feel as if you have been run over by a semi. It does`nt sound as if you have been given the best meds. for your problem. Your sleep meds should`nt affect you that way and it 1s obvious your pain meds are not doing their job. Have you seen a rheumatologist? There are some very intelligent people on this site and I`m sure they will come along and give you some advice as what to do. Hang in there!!There are alot of people pulling for you here.My best to you and a (((hug))) for you. clueless
  4. Danielle

Danielle New Member

Hi nje!
    I've had fibro since 1997. At first it was so bad I thought I was dying. I have had to adjust alot of things in my life. I quit eating all dairy foods and try to stay away from sugar and other carbs. I am about 50% better than I was. I work for the health division and there are around 25 other women with this condition also working there. There is hope you just need to keep trying to find what helps. This is a hard thing to deal with but don't give up. I figured I would be bedridden but am still working full time.
  5. selma

selma New Member

I was like you for many YEARS. Just recently took ultram given by my rhumy. at least now I can be a few hours with dull pain. I started driving about 5 min . at a time.
    I used to drive before in pain pain. I love to drive.

I was dizzy too. Better now. I do my wash in steps a little at a time. my dryer can wait until I fill it.
    Some times I wait until the next day. My house needs dusting for many months. We come and go from dust,So I'm helping people all the time..
    the only thing is making meals. I do that in steps.
    prioritize Plan and persevere. I know that you can do it

get some help from a Dr.. I hate having to take meds.
    I tried to do without them..
    many have success. I need meds.
    Good Luck! Love, Selma