Just plain "tired" of it all . . need help / advice - please!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jaltair, Oct 11, 2005.

1. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I've been having lots of problems lately and have been somewhat depressed. I'm finding it more and more difficult to just get up and go to work and make it through the day. I've been kind of sorting through what's FMS / CFS and what's osteoarthritis, pinched nerves at C4 and C5, carpel and tunnel. It's getting really bad. I've had to go home during the day and just collapse with fatigue, migraines, and general pain.

I take 2 Ultracet before I go to work with the Cymbalta just to be able to function without the migraine and body pain. When I get home, another 2 Ultracet and 1200 mg of Neurontin - that helps the pain and also helps me to sleep. I just went through a sleep study to determine if I have a sleep disorder. I'd love to have something that would allow a means to make me feel better these days. It is hard just getting through the day, I seem to go day to day with everyday seeming the same, more difficulty thinking straight and remembering things that need to be done. I supervise 9 other people, and trying to track the simplest things is nearly impossible. My thinking is cloudy. Sometimes I can't remember that I just did a task. I think that the problems with this "fog" are the most difficult to deal with. There is no pill to help with clarity of thought and judgment.

Is the increased fog and depression due to the Cymbalta? I've been taking it for three weeks now and would hate to stop as it has literally stopped the ongoing and constant migraine.

Also, I've been thinking more and more about disability. I'm 58 and trying like mad to finish working, but I'm, as I've written above, just not functioning very well at all. If I can go until July 2006, then I can retire and pull a paltry sum (haven't contributed very long), but it would be something. I'm feeling like I'm near a goal about to fall flat.

I don't know what to do. Please pray for me to have a clear vision. I really need to work. I have to go to bed now, thank you.

Warm wishes, Jeannette
  2. kalaya

kalaya New Member

I don't know that I have any words of wisdom that can reveal to you the answers to your problems,so I will do what I know to help and this is to stand in the gap and ask God on your behalf for his aide.Remember although God did not say that we will not have to endure trials he did say that 'I will never leave you or forsake you'.I wish you peace of heart and mind.
  3. suzetal

suzetal New Member

The FMLA ( Family Medical Leave Act ) With your doctors approval and your employers you can get time off.I took a year off.Then left my job.

Hope this helps.
    Sue
  4. silky17

silky17 New Member

I know how you feel. I was having the same kind of problems. I also had to supervise in another aspect of my job but it got to be soo difficult.

Unlike you I have been on disability but getting NO income form them. I have fought with appeals and lost. So I have been stuggling on 173.00 a month w/ food stamps. But I beleive that the good lord has brought me this far. I could no longer take it (to work). It is a very big decision and a long battle.

The FMLA saved me for a time but not enough. I question myself ALWAYS if I am in as much pain and fatigue as I think. The brain fog is the worst, I believe too. You got to be a superviser somehow, right?

I am so surprised at so many are still working.I envy those people, including you. It is hard. So good luck to you and I wish you the best.

There are allot of programs here in Ariz that have helped me allot.

bless you,
    Debbie
  5. brie

brie New Member

Hi Jeannette

I'm so sorry you are going thru all this as I know all the pain and fatigue first handed and would not wish it on my worst enemy.I am also 58 but I stopped working a year ago. I just couldnt go on no longer. I filed for disability and am waiting to go to court on my last appeal .
    So as for you, I would ask for a sick leave . Try complete rest at home with no demands on your body and see if that doesnt give you relief. At least mentally .After 6 months than decided if you are able to continue with work or is it still impossible. Believe you will know what to do. Good Luck.