Just prescribed Buspar

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by razorqueen, Mar 29, 2007.

1. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

as some of you may have read on my previous post conserning L-Tryptophan, I was having some anxiety issues.

I was only going to get to see my dr on April 26/07, but I called in today, knowing he was back at the office, and sure enough there was a cancellation!

I saw him and told him what had happened last week, etc, and he figured we should try Buspar as that is what the pdoc I saw in fall thought I should be on.

I have tried Buspar along time ago, and don't recall it being a pleasant experience. I didn't take it for long because of dizziness, if I recall correctly.

I am to take 5 mg 3x/day, starting with 5 mgs at bedtime and build up to the 3xs slowly. I am really scared about trying this.

I have to host my hubbies Easter gathering on Good Friday, and I am also waiting for word for my daughter Jerica to start her Remicade treatments any time. For this, we will have to drive 2hrs for each infusion. The first 2 she will recieve at the hospital there,[2 wks apart] and the other ones at our local hospital. I think this might be the real reason my anxiety reared its ugly head.

I have to be able to function for these *fun-filled events*! He also gave me abit of extra clonazapam to help in the mean time.

Anyone have any words of encouragment for me concerning this med?

Raz
  2. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

Raz i have been taking it now for a good year at least. i take 30 mgs at 1 and then another 30 mgs at 5. every so often i have the upset stomach but at the begining it was a lot worse. i drive on this and a lot of other meds that say don't drive until you know how this effects you. i've never had a problem really with it. i was also started out at what i'm taking now. give it about 2 weeks to get over the worst of the symptoms and you'll be fine i hope....SueF
  3. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

I am so leary. I didn't take it last night, as I knew I had plans for today, but maybe I will take it tonight!

Raz
  4. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

I will be very careful, believe me! Hopefully it will be ok. The dr seems to really think I need something. He didn't really think it was the L-Tryptophan at all. He agreed with the first dr I saw.

Time will tell, I guess!

Raz
  5. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

so good! I'm up to 5mgs 2xs/day and haven't had any side effects.
  6. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

If you want to stop smoking, Buspar will help you, lol. Buspar is not an SSRI, but it does have some of the same ingredients as Wellbutrin. You shouldn't take both. It is a very "lightweight" anti-anxiety medication.

Regards,

Andy
  7. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

I just read this at a pharm web site:

DRUG ABUSE AND DEPENDENCE Controlled Substance Class:

Buspirone HCl is not a controlled substance
  8. bibbbyk

bibbbyk New Member

Buspar is NOT an SSRI. This is absolutely incorrect.
  9. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

is making my sleep difficulties worse! UGGH!

What to do?