Just read an interesting book

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by desperation, Apr 28, 2003.

1. desperation

desperation New Member

Hello all,
    I just read a very interesting book on CFS and it came out with clear guidlines that this doctor has made from extensive reaearch on CF sufferers.( over 4000 patients)Basically he thinks that ALL sufferers can reduce their symptoms by AT LEAST half the severity by these six steps:
    1. Lamotrigine
    2. DHEA ( if serum levels are low))
    3. Clonozepan
    4. Salt tablets
    5. 2 litres of water per day
    6. low sugar diet.
    I ahve been on DHEA lozenges for 2 months now and i'm NEVER tired but have all the other symptoms. I have started the salt, water and low sugar diet and have fewer aches and pains and I'm going to get the lamotrigine because you can ( according to this lovely doc) feel the difference by 2-3 weeks.
    I'll keep you posted guys.
    Any observations with the rest of the info would be greatly appreciated
    Lots of love Lu
  2. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Does he give a reason for using both Clonazepam and Lamotrigine together, since both are anticonvulsants?

Anticonvulsants come with the warning: "The use of multiple anticonvulsants may result in an increase of depressant adverse effects. This should be considered before adding clonazepam to an existing anticonvulsant regimen."

I use all of this regime (plus more) with the exception of the lamotrigine.

Just wonder if he explains why he is doing this?

Best wishes LL
  3. desperation

desperation New Member

I'll look it up tonight because i don't have the book here with me. I think it is due to sodium/potassium levels in our body.
    Lu
  4. AmyKaiser

AmyKaiser New Member

well who is this LOVELY doc???
    where is he located