Just received date for disability hearing

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chris350, Jan 11, 2011.

1. chris350

chris350 New Member

Hi,

Hope everyone had a Happy New Year. It has been 3 years since I filed through an attorney and I have just received my disability hearing date - Feb. 11, 2011. Anybody got helpful tips and what I can expect to happen?

Thanks for your help

Chris
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I would think your attorney should be telling you what to expect.

We have a disability/benefits board here. Have you posted there?

I understand that most people are denied initially. Usually have to appeal
    to get benefits. Good luck.

Rock
  3. FOYBOYFOY

FOYBOYFOY New Member

THAT WAS THE MOST STRESSFUL DAY OF MY LIFE. I ASSUME THEIR ATTORNEY WILL BE WITH YOU. MAKE SURE YOUR ATTORNEY GIVES THE JUDGE A COPY OF ALL YOUR DOCTORS AND SYMPTOMS AND DX. I SPOKE FOR ABOUT 5 MIN AND THE JUDGE MUST OF THOUGHT I WAS A MESS. HE CALLED MY LAWYER INTO THE HALL. THEN MY LAWYER CALLED ME INTO THE HALL AND SAID I WON. I WAS BLOWN AWAY. I DIDNT BELIEVE HIM. I HAD BEEN THROUGH HELL. I MADE THE LAWYER TELL THE JUDGE TO EXPLAIN TO ME THAT I HAD WON MY CASE. UNREAL. GOD WAS HEARING MY PRAYERS. THE PREVIOUS FOLKS THAT WENT IN BEFORE ME THAT DAY WERE TOLD THEY WOULD HAVE AN ANSWER WITHIN 6 WEEKS, SO WHEN THE JUDGE SAID YOU WON... I CELEBRATED. JUST PRAY GOD BLESS FOY
  4. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

I will have you in my thoughts and I hope all will go well for you. It is too bad you even have to go through this. I was fortuanate (if you can call it fortuanate to be sick) to get mine within one month after I was eligible and I did not have to go anywhere they just approved me. I guess my Dr's records spoke for volumes as they were volumes. I don't know if I could have handled what some of you have had to endure it is sad expecially knowing how you feel. I wish there was a better understanding of our illness and everyone would not have to be put through such and ordeal. Good Luck!!