just saved mans life

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DragonBall, May 6, 2003.

1. DragonBall

DragonBall New Member

i have just got my next door neigbour out of a fire ,my husband put the fire out [chip pan]i am not showing off,i just want you to know what we can still acheive im coughing alot and both my legs hurt from running.fm is not stopping me.there was 2 other people at the scene and they did nothing!
  2. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

I guess our body just automatically takes over in a crissis situation. We may hut afterwards but you saved someones life and that great. Watch the cough..make sure you didnt get too much smoke in your lungs.
    Great job..what a way to start the day!!!!
    Carlacat
  3. jackiec

jackiec New Member

That adrenaline rush does let one do amazing things. I'm so proud of you. I know you are hurting badly now, but you will never regret this act of kindness. Sure hope your neighbor realizes just how special you are!

You are so special!! Thanks for sharing this amazing feat.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I ran over to my neighbor's around the other side of the block across from a pond when one of our other neighbors attacked her. I wanted to be sure the cops knew where to go as I was afraid she was going to be hurt. I was a little stiff the next couple of days.

This morning, I speed walked and jogged for only about 1/8 of a mile. I'm out of shape since the surgery, but I'm wanting to get back into shape.

Love, Mikie
  5. DragonBall

DragonBall New Member

thanks guys,i do feel a bit shaky now i realise what actually happened!lol deb
  6. COOKIEMONSTER

COOKIEMONSTER New Member

I applaud you!

As stated, this DD is not going to keep up down even when the unexpected things in life occur. Oh.....I wish I had a medal of honor to give you for being such a trooper!

Take it easy today and relax.....

WE SHALL OVERCOME!

HUGS
    COOKIEMONSTER
  7. lynnkat

lynnkat New Member

Dragon---it must be wonderful for you and your husband to have been your neighbors guardian angel today! May God bless you for this act of kindness you did for him. Make sure to take care of yourself today and give yourself a hug. (((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) lynnkat
  8. AnnetClo

AnnetClo New Member

I'm so proud of you and I'll bet your neighbors are truly indebted. That was a very brave thing to do. But you're right, you will probably be very sore for a few days, so take care of yourself.

Hugs
    Annette
  9. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I was in a fire in 1980 in Detroit where I worked & got the kids I worked with out of it before the structure collapsed. I was in my early 20s & in good shape, no FM-----way different for you, you & hubby should be so proud that you went into "action" mode & helped save a life! Your neighbor will be eternally grateful.

I never got the smoke smell out of the sweater I was wearing that night, but small price to pay. It even took several showers before I got the smell out of my hair, so be expecting that. Hopefully your lungs will clear out before long.

Nice to hear a story with such a happy ending! I'm in Kansas City where disaster stories haven't ended so well for many folks this week.....

Good for you, Dragonball!! You & hubby should both take a bow!!

Hugs,
    Pam
  10. AC77

AC77 New Member

very brave. maybe you should get some help for smoke inhalation. A little 02 might help you out there. smoke inhalation is the leading cause of deaths in fires! Although, I am sure you a fine.
  11. kerrymygirl

kerrymygirl New Member

Congratulations, I am sure they can not thank you enough. I just wish we could keep up that energy we used to have without a huge price tag. When my dad was ill & mom just out of bypass. I was staying up night & day. My dad fell, I chased a ambulance blocks to come to correct address, in my p.j`s no less. Did not even give that a thought till people noticed on my trek back. I gave until I collapsed myself took along time mo.s to get out of flare after taking care of them but would not trade 1 second of that time I had with my dad. That adrenalin can be great, anyone have some extra out there?????
  12. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Heroes come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and now we know with Fibro, too! Great Job! It is amazing how we can perform when needed--

Although my adrenalin story is not as lifesaving--my two year old grand-daugher was screaming, crying, and jumping up and down, a few days ago, about 50 yards away from myself, her parents, and my hubby---guess who made it to her first? Me, Grandma!
    Poor baby was standing in a bed of fire ants, so profuse here in Texas, and her feet and legs were covered. I swooped her off, and was running, knocking off ants right and left. By the time I hit a safe place to sit with her, I was exhausted--proud nonetheless that I could still nurture, like I had with my kids in my younger days. Poor baby had an immediate allergic reaction, with hives and vomiting---so out came the benedryl caps, powder poored into a teaspoon of jelly.

I am so proud of you and your husband, for taking action! Some don't. You are both heroes, and I commend you highly, as I know your neighbor does, as well. A day well spent.
    Rest up now---and recoup!
    LL
  13. goingslowlycrazy

goingslowlycrazy New Member

What an uplifting story! Well done, and like the others have said, watch that cough...
    It must feel great though - just goes to show our hearts can transcend these unreliable bodies of ours!
    hugs
    Mary x
  14. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

WOW! Good for you! I live in Rhode Island, the State that suffered the loss of 100 people in a night club fire. So many more lives would have been saved if the folks in the club had responded faster, been more aware. Most initially did not react. We have our hero stories of wonderful folks like you helping others. You are special. Fondly June
  15. DragonBall

DragonBall New Member

thank you for the good responce, as expected i am in agony today,ive not eaten much cos i feel sick with pain,but im here still fighting!.its my wedding anniversary on sunday 12 years,and i love him even more,he helps getting kids from school.its a big hill coming back and we dont have a car.to anyone with caring partners that help you with your fm or cfs,tell them you love them today!lol deb
  16. Carolyn0508

Carolyn0508 New Member

You were an angel God sent today! I hope you recover from both the physical and emotional aspects of your act soon.

Carolyn