Just scared myself reading about raynauds

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheila1366, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

Ok, talk me down everyone.

I am scared now.It is obvious that something is going nuts with my body.

If anyone can tell about the exsperinces with raynauds ,please jump in and help a girl out here.

My fingers are stinging so bad and my toes don't feel to hot either...actually they are cold.LOL! I still got my sense of humor.

I am eagerly waiting for some help and someone to get my freezing hands off the panic button.

I am gonna go take a klonopin right now.LOL!

BBBBRRRRRRRRRR!
    Sheila
  2. lilchisler

lilchisler New Member

Hi Sheila,
    I know what you mean about the Raynaud's. I have two other family members that suffer with this but no Fibro, although one of them is in remission from an auto immune disease called Wegeners Disease. The numbing of the hands and fingers, toes, etc. when you are, for example, out in the cold and then you come in and they turn the "white of death" color and when the feeling comes back, it is very painful, then burning and itching can be very scary. I never connected this to another addition to Fibro until a few years ago, although I have had it all of my life.

I have talked to the doctor several times concering this and he does not seem to see that it is that serious, I don't know what to believe.

I do know that you need to be careful in how fast you clnech your hands, etc. when they are adjusting to different temps, because you can cause muscle cramping and injury and also I have had "ganglians" pop up from tightening up my hands too quick.

Get on line and learn as much as you can, but don't be fearful. THe best way to deal with all illness, is head on. Be as informed as you possibly can. Ask all the questions you need to and remember that it is your body and your illness so you are always going to be your best advocate.

I don't dwell on all that happens to me, but I certainly have made myself aware as I can as to what is going on with my illness.
    Good days to you.
    LILCHISLER...I just keep chisling away.