Just signed up...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dreamer28455, Mar 30, 2007.

1. dreamer28455

dreamer28455 New Member

Hi everyone, I am new to the board. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 2 monthes ago but in pain for a good year. I have been to about 10 doctors and am going to another on wednesday of next week. With the weather changing..I am in severe pain..no pain meds. I only take ambien at night. The ruhmatologist i was seeing believed in fibro(a first out of all the docs) but is against narcotic pain meds. I have been on just about everything non-narcotic of course...but nothing actually helps with my pain...I am at work now and counting the seconds till 3:00...even though i am supposed to stay till 4 Im in too much pain. So I just wanted to introduce myself and my ever present pain to everyone...I will be here...most days reading the posts and looking for answers and people who understand what i'm going through! Thanks for all the support and alot of answers.
  2. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

It's great you found this place. There is so much information on this site it's incredible!

Also any questions you ask will be answered by others who have experienced what you are going thru. Look at the titles people use so you aren't too generic.

If your post ever rolls to the next page without a response reply to yourself with a "bump" message and it'll bring it back to the front page on top.

I have had FM for over 30 yrs and finally had to quit work last year.

I have a nuerologist and an internist who work with me. Both believe in pain killers, thank goodness! They also listen to all my symptoms (I take a list so I cover it all) and then they'll pick one or two things to work on.

Enjoy!
  3. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

hi dreamer
    sorry you need to be here, but WELCOME to the board. It is a gold mine of support and information--just knowing others have that same "weird symptom you never even mentioned cuz it's so bizarre" will make your day!
    take care--L
  4. dreamer28455

dreamer28455 New Member

Thanks so much for the replys...i HAVE learned a lot already from this site and the posts...actually the doctor i am going to see wednesday i found on this site...so hopefully, unlike every other doctor, he will be able to help me cope with my pain...which i might add is killing me lateley. If people could reply to me with what they said to their doctors that would help out when i go...everytime i see a new doctor they give me a look like im crazy when i describe my pain and all the meds i have been on...i am actually nervous about going to this one.we'll see what happens. Thanks! <3 <3 <3
  5. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

If you found the doctor from this website he should already have experience and an understanding of what you are going through.

He is going to want to know why you are there. Your major complaint is pain so start there. Try to use good descriptive words, i.e., shoulders feel tight, feet throb and have numb places, pain ripples through arms. Try to write some of these down before you go so you don't forget.

Pulled this description from google:
    A great variety of words are used to describe pain. Nociceptive pain may be sharp, dull, stabbing, or pressurelike. Neuropathic pain descriptions often have an electrical quality: burning, lancinating, buzzing, tingling, zapping, and lightninglike.

Also do the pains radiate.

Hope this helps.