Just signed up

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MissieKB, Nov 22, 2002.

1. MissieKB

MissieKB New Member

I am new to this board, and boards in general. I was at the doctor's this am and was given a prescription for Lexapro. Anyone taking this? I used to take Zoloft, but didn't get any help with it. I was also wondering about some of the treatments that are being used successfully. I'm more interested in home type treatments, as opposed to prescribed treatments.
  2. MissieKB

MissieKB New Member

I am new to this board, and boards in general. I was at the doctor's this am and was given a prescription for Lexapro. Anyone taking this? I used to take Zoloft, but didn't get any help with it. I was also wondering about some of the treatments that are being used successfully. I'm more interested in home type treatments, as opposed to prescribed treatments.
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hello Missie, so sorry your post got sent to the second page! We don't treat new people like this as a rule.

Glad you found our board, and am so happy to have you join us.

I don't take but one prescription drug (Xanax low dose 0.25 milligrams in the evening only), so can't help with your meds.

I am mostly on supplements, herbs and just plain things that I found to be helpful with the pain, sleeplessness, etc. Like you said; home type treatments. What exactly are you interested in? maybe we can help.

Do you have FM or CFS? I have Fibro for 20 years, so am big on treating myself! Let me know what you have, and what you are interested in.

Again, a big welcome to the board!

Shalom, Shirl

4. Roxi

Roxi New Member

what works is avoiding stress...physical (too much lifting) or mental(worrying or arguing) and resting after doing tasks. For me this is actually lying down for an hour. I usually do housework for an hour and then lie down for an hour. During the lying down times I plan what to do on the up times and this helps prevent stress. Figure out ways to make tasks easier, make lists and check them off, cook simple recipes. My motto these days is "make it simple and if it's too hard don't do it!"
  5. joyof3

joyof3 New Member

I am very new to fibro, so i have no advice sorry. I truly agree with Roxi. Welcome to the board, and feel free to ask any thing some one will try to help with words of support and understanding. I am on proza, ativan, and one a day vitamines. sorry i have no experience with your meds.

stephanie