Just started ATP/glutethione injections

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kellym, Nov 26, 2002.

1. kellym

kellym New Member

Hey everyone. I just started ATP/glutethione injections today. My ATP level is 2.4 when it should be 8 to 11. FMS-ers normally have 60% less than normal, and mine is 70%. My rheumy has had lots of luck with them with her other patients, and I just wanted to see if any of you have had any experience with them, or whatever other thoughts you may have about them. And if you don't have experience with them, I'll let you know how they go.
    Thanks,
    KellyM
  2. kellym

kellym New Member

Hey everyone. I just started ATP/glutethione injections today. My ATP level is 2.4 when it should be 8 to 11. FMS-ers normally have 60% less than normal, and mine is 70%. My rheumy has had lots of luck with them with her other patients, and I just wanted to see if any of you have had any experience with them, or whatever other thoughts you may have about them. And if you don't have experience with them, I'll let you know how they go.
    Thanks,
    KellyM
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

I hope you find them helpful.Please do let us know-i'd be very interested on the outcome.Take care....
    warm regards,
    Tracey
  4. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I did not know it was possible to get ATP or Glutathoine by injection. I would definitely like to know if this helps you. If it does, I'll ask my Rheumy about it. Good luck.
    Klutzo
  5. herekitty

herekitty New Member

I got ATP/glutathione injections weekly for many months. They did not do anything for me, but there were often other people in the waiting room who felt that they were working for them.
    Kitty =^..^=
  6. granmama

granmama New Member

Kelly,
    I have no idea what you are talking about, I must have missed this subject matter. What is an ATP level?

Could you please explain what it is and how it is administered? Also, what type doc does it?

I am clueless to this type of injection, so fill me in on all the details.....please!

granmama hugs to you,
    granmama
  7. kellym

kellym New Member

I don't know much about all this, since I just started seeing this rheumy. But, what I do know is that she has found in her 16 years of studying & treating CFS/FM patients, that their ATP and Natural Killer Cells levels are low. ATP measures the energy level in muscles or something like that. So, I guess its like energy in a shot to help people like us feel better. But, boy does that shot BURN like crazy! They give it to you in the hip and its so painful that they have to add lidocaine in it! I'll let you know if it turns out to be worth it & I'll look for the information about it and try to write a better response later.
    Kelly
  8. amberortiz

amberortiz New Member

I found your post on the injections & wondered if they helped. I am seeing Dr. Salvato & just started the injections. My ATP level was .3 and my Natural Killer Cells are 108. I am tired all the time & hoping for some energy.
    Thanks,
    Amber
  9. annepat

annepat New Member

I've been on Glutathione/ATP per Dr. Salvato's research for over 3 years. I take the approx. 1.5cc every other day. The injections help-after about a month we noticed a bit of a difference in temperature regulation. It has alos helped w/concentration.

I take a lot of things-ATP/Glutathione, Kutapressin, Imunovir, co-Q, ACL Carnitine, whey protien, thyroid.

Because their is a shortage of Kutapressin, we've started IV's w/B's, glutathione, and magnesium. We've customized Dr. Permutter's glutathione protocol. You should be able to run an Internet search for more info.

Glutathione cannot be absorbed by the gut-you have to receive it IV, or by injection. Dr. Cheney uses a specialized whey that is a precurser to glutathione.

10. Dlebbole

Dlebbole New Member

I am also a patient of Dr. Salvato's in Houston. I did the glutathione shots for 20 weeks with modest improvement of my NK cell numbers. But I REALLY improved and the NKs jumped even more when I quit the shots but added free amino acids by Nutricology. I took 6 per day. As for the ATP, I tried this, but could not find any dose, no matter how low, that did not give me palpitations. I really like Dr. Salvato, though. I am just about to start radiation treatments for breast cancer, but I plan to see her again as soon as possible. Diane
  11. Dlebbole

Dlebbole New Member

[ advertisement ]