Just started Lyrica

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jeanie101156, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Jeanie101156

Jeanie101156 New Member

Hello everyone. I went back to the doctor today and he put me on Lyrica 50mg 3 times a day to start with. I am so excited because I have went back through the post today and saw that it has helped a lot of you. Do you still like it? How much better are you now? I would love to hear from everyone that is taking it and those that have tried it. Gentle Hugs Jeanie
  2. sitiva

sitiva New Member

Hi Jeanie 101156

I have been on Lyrica now for three weeks.(through a study)
    I have had the dosage increased up to the max and am now back to a lower dosage 450mg per day. It has helped me a great deal. The side affects I had were tollerable and I would rather deal with them than have my pain back. The only thing I notice is that it does not get the stiffness.
    I have Osteo also, so maybe a lot of my stiffness is related to that and of course it won't work on Osteo.
    Good luck and I really hope it works for you. (PS give the side affects a chance to diminish)
  3. chp1298

chp1298 New Member

I started Lyrica yesterday 50mg x2 daily. I am very optimistic.
  4. Jeanie101156

Jeanie101156 New Member

Thank you for your inputs. Im so sorry that it did not work for some of you and those it did help I hope that it keeps working well for you. This is my second day. So far I have not took a pain pill but I figure that will come later today with all of this rain etc. But it is making me feel really sleepy and wierd. But I have to say I slept really good last night even dreamed. I will let you know how I get along with it. Gentle Hugs Jeanie
  5. chp1298

chp1298 New Member

This is my second dy and I am so sleepy my eyes are rolling back.
  6. spasco

spasco New Member

2 weeks. I am on a low dose 50mg 2 times a day. It helped me quite a bit up until a storm front started coming in. I'm in agony from that. I may just need a dose increase. Still hoping.

God bless! Stephanie