Just started pilates!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jpswife_4boys, Jan 7, 2003.

1. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

My hubby bought me a pilates cd. It has different segments to where you can do total body or pick an area you want to do that day. I started doing the exercises 3 days ago. The stretching you do with the pilates feels so wonderful. I am taking it slow and hope to be able to do atleast one of the exercises a day. I just wanted to share with ya'll how great it feels. I use to go to the gym 5 days a week but I am not able to do the cardio or weight lifting like I did only a year ago. I'm so happy to have discovered pilates. I would like to do yoga and tia chi (sp?) Does anyone else do these exercises?
  2. wineToU2

wineToU2 New Member

Have you tried warm water exercise?
  3. wineToU2

wineToU2 New Member

4. wineToU2

wineToU2 New Member

5. PrincessofYoga

PrincessofYoga New Member

Hi there!
    I haven’t been here for a while but dropped in and saw your note.
    I used to be an all week gym junkie too. It was very difficult to put aside my need for it when I couldn’t keep up to my old routine. I used to do Ashtanga Yoga (power yoga), Bihkram, and Pilates as well. Pilates is wonderful! I have not tried it since I have been ill but I can tell you, if you are up for it, it is the best thing you can do for your body. You rely, as I am sure you have notice by now, on your own body strength for guidance. Everyone in my class (I did it at my gym and did mat Pilates, not with the machine, reformer) was at different levels, just like my yoga. You go at the pace you are ready for and you can kick it up when you wish. There are so many benefits to Pilates, the mind body connection, the meditation and concentration it takes to do each movement. It was a wonderful thing for me. For myself, I prefer yoga but, Pilates has just as many benefits as yoga does.

Good for you girl and keep on stretching!!!!!!

Namaste
    Lisa