Just started taking Lyrica

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Pinky, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Pinky

Pinky New Member

Hi All!
    I just had an appointment with my rheumy and she was all excited about this newer drug, lyrica. I started it last night, taking 50mg 3x a day for a week then up to 150mg 2x a day from then on. Is anyone else trying this med? Would appreciate any and all information you may have on it. I have just been very dizzy and very blurry vision. It has helped the pain but I can't live with these side effects. Do they go away? My head hurts, mostly on the top. I had more energy today at work but I but I got very tired after the second dose at 2:30 this afternoon, I took a 2 1/2 hour nap. I feel OK now still dizzy and very blurry vision, some top of the head pain. My all over pain seems somewhat better but I still have severe neck pain- I need to get an M.R.I.- doc thinks its osteoarthritis, I also have that in my hands and fingers.
    Thanx for listening and I would love to hear about Lyrica!!
    Love, Debbie
    P.S. My doc also took me off all supplements except Magnesium and cod liver oil. I was taking a ton of other supplements including calcium, vitamin B complex, malic acid, ZMA, Vitamin C &E, a multi vitamin, &MSM. ANY COMMENTS![This Message was Edited on 11/15/2005]
  2. ChungieDolor

ChungieDolor New Member

from my Doctor but my insurance did not cover anything. I would have to pay the retail price which is $160. Doc was suppose to give me samples for a week, but I did not get any except for Singulair, and Ambien Cr.

Ambien Cr seems to help a little with sleep. I am already taking Flurespam, and trazodone, which was not doing much.

I don't want to pay $160 for the lyrica to find out it won't work for me or I get the symptoms you are experiencing.

Sorry, I could not be of much help to you, but my doc was also psyched about the pill too. He said his wife has had fms for 12 years and felt instant results the day she started it.

Please let us know what happens. By the way, this pill happens to be the one fda was taking so long to pass. (pregabalin) spell!

Sincerely
    Chungiedolor
  3. Pinky

Pinky New Member