Just started using cortef and I'm a newbie to this board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by motherrath, Sep 21, 2002.

1. motherrath

motherrath New Member

The latest effort in my long battle with Fibro is 5mg of Cortef at breakfast and lunch. This is the second day. My doc is a holistic as well as a regular doc and has been a big help to me. I'm wondering if any one else has tried this lose dose of hydrocotrisone for adrenal fatigue. I had a blood test (cortisol uptake) which indicated cortef might help.
  2. motherrath

motherrath New Member

The latest effort in my long battle with Fibro is 5mg of Cortef at breakfast and lunch. This is the second day. My doc is a holistic as well as a regular doc and has been a big help to me. I'm wondering if any one else has tried this lose dose of hydrocotrisone for adrenal fatigue. I had a blood test (cortisol uptake) which indicated cortef might help.
  3. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Just wanted to say "hi"....I, too, am a newbie, here...and have found great support, and wonderful info. Cortef is not in my regime, and I don't have an info to share, but am sure someone will come along who can be of help.
    Karen
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

I've been taking cortef for past 3 1/2 months; my test wasn't really bad, but on the challenge test (where they inject you with cortisol) I felt really good! seemed like it helped a lot first 2 months - didn't need afternoon naps, but lately seemed to have relapsed some. From what I understand, one should take it for about 9 months and then try to wean off of it to see how you do. Not sure if I need to add a bit more or not, will be discussing this with my doctor this week.

B12 injections every 2--3 days have also helped me. I still seem to just swing up and down re energy, however :-/ regardless of what I do or don't do.
  5. motherrath

motherrath New Member

I too felt better after the shot, but the pills don't seem to be doing much. Maybe it's too early to tell. I have been under extra stress lately as my house is being remodeled and I have been ousted from my bedroom into the guest room and I have had grandchildren duty, Whew!

Finally got a decent nights sleep last night.
    Anyway Doc said she may have to increase but wanted to try and use the lowest dose possible. I also take Adreset, a ginseng herb combo for adrenal support. I am to see her in a month, but I will call her if things don't look up.

It seems as though a lot of the remedies work for a couple of months and then peter out doesn't it?

Ellen (Motherrath)
  6. ladydi

ladydi New Member

HI, AND WELCOME TO THE BOARD.

JUST A WELCOME, I'M NOT FAMILAR WITH CORTEF, BUT, I'M SURE
    YOU WILL GET MANY REPLIES.

JUST A WARM WELCOME TO YOU.
    KEEP POSTING.
    LADYDI