Just started vegetable juicing

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JoFMS, Jun 30, 2008.

1. JoFMS

JoFMS New Member

I have tried vegetable juice a while back but found it unbearable however I since tried again and if you can get through the first half glass, I actually quite enjoy it now! I think your tastebuds must get used to it or something coz I actually quite like it now.

Here's my recipe that I'm using:
    2 carrots
    1 apple
    1 beetroot
    6 spinach leaves
    1 little gem or green leafy lettuce

This makes a full large glass, I also squeeze a little lemon juice on top to make it taste even better. I read the lemon juice bit from one of Barrow's posts - thank you!

I bought a 'mean juice machine' which is really easy to use - even I can do it. It also has a place where all the fibrous parts are taken out so you can put everything in whole wihtout worrying bout peeeling or nything and the juice comes out smooth. It takes no effort to push the veggies down the wide tube - it pretty much does it itself. The cleaning is the problem - but I am lucky to have a maid to do that if not my husband does.

I make sure I wash all my veggies first before they go in and am trying to look for organic ones now.

If anyone has any other good vegetable juice recipes - I would be grateful for them.

How many feel better from juicing and how long before you noticed a difference?
  2. xchocoholic

xchocoholic New Member

Congrats on your recent health kick. I'm sure it's the best way to get over this DD. You are fixing your gut too though, right ?

I haven't tried juicing lately. The first and only time I did this, like 6 years ago, I got very sick. Now, I'm betting it was either detox or my blood glucose levels getting funky on me.

I'm not saying don't try it. I was just letting you know my experience with it so you can be prepared. I was ok for the first 2 weeks ...

Actually, I think it's a good idea as long as you're up to it. I'm sure I'll try it again some day too.

3. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

I wrote out a long juicing paragraph in a post to barrowinovations about juicing. (it was an old post that got bumped but I didn't noticed.

If you want to look through my posts. I have to head out the door to a doctors appt. If you can't find it, I will try to paste it here for you.

For those that can't afford a juicer, sprouting is another way to get those great raw enzymes.

4. ETN

ETN New Member

My sister got me started on this...I love it.

I don't have a machine yet.

Although our new grocery store here that is awesome has fresh juices...I have gotten 2 in the last week.
    I get the beet, carrot, celery, and apple...YUM

I think it is an acquired taste just like wine and all of that.

It is very good for you tho