JUST TALKED TO MY ATTORNEY ABOUT SSDI...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by srobins, Oct 4, 2005.

1. srobins

srobins New Member

SHE WAS NOT VERY NICE TO ME AT ALL. I ACTUALLY STARTED CRYING WHILE I WAS TALKING TO HER BECAUSE OF HOW SHE TALKED TO ME. SHE SAID MY CASE DOESN'T LOOK GOOD BECAUSE OF MY EARNINGS. THEY DON'T HAVE TO BE SO RUDE.
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

why she was rude. What about your earnings? Did she agree to pursue the case? Do you still want her to do it? Maybe another lawyer might be easier to work with...

Don't know the answers, but I am so sorry you are upset. I do hope things will straighten out soon.

Take care...

Gentle hugs,
    Sue
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

What did she mean? The only thing about your earnings that matters is that you had earnings in the appropriate time period to qualify for SSDI. The amount of your earnings will determine the amount of any SSDI award, but it has nothing to do wtih whether or not you win your case. Winning your case has to do with what SS thinks of your medical condition and doctors' reports, etc., not the amount of your earnings.

Your attorney should not have been rude, and it also sounds like she didn't give you correct advice. You need to find out exactly what she meant. As your attorney, she has a duty to explain things clearly to you.

Perhaps you could have a friend help you out with this in talking to her. It also helps to write down your questions ahead of time and make sure she answers them.

Has she filed your application for SSDI already? If not, maybe you should look for another attorney.

Mary
  4. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

How much you earned has little to do with it. I did not earn a lot and so I only get $450 a month.

Of course, the more you made, the larger the payout for her when you win the case. SO maybe she does'nt want to bother with your case.

Find someone else, better if they specialize in disability.
  5. srobins

srobins New Member

IT IS HOW MUCH MARY KAY PRODUCT I SOLD. I TOLD SSA WHEN I FILED THAT I SOLD MARY KAY AND I WAS A DIRECTOR FOR 1 1/2 YEARS. I HAD TO STEP DOWN BECAUSE OF MY HEALTH. I GAVE A DISABILITY DATE OF OCTOBER 2003. BUT SSA TOLD ME THAT SINCE I QUIT MY FULL-TIME JOB IN 2002, THEY WOULD USE THAT DATE. ANYWAY, THE LAWYER ACTS LIKE I WAS TRYING TO DECEIVE HER, BUT I AM NOT. SSA TOLD ME I WAS OKAY SINCE I DIDN'T PROFIT, AFTER ALL EXPENSES, OVER $830.00 A MONTH. I AM AT THE RECONSIDERATION/HEARING STAGE (BOTH THE SAME IN MY STATE) NOW. HOPE THIS IS EXPLAINED BETTER. I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN GET ANOTHER ATTORNEY AT THIS STAGE.