Just thinking

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by caffey, Oct 14, 2006.

1. caffey

caffey New Member

I am just sitting here, reading different posts and thinking. I am amazed at the goodness of God. We are all in the midst of pain and in the midst of it all God has brought us all together as a family. I am blown away by the amount of people who have posted lately saying thank you for praying or giving God thanks for praying that is so neat. It is some encouraging to see God moving in the midst of our circumstances. I know a lot of us can't get out as much as we used to and may feel alone and abandoned but we can meet here and encourage each other and pray with and for each other. To know we are not alone and there are others who understand means so much. I feel like I am babbling right now but I just want to let each and everyone of you know how much I appreciate you. I can't start naming names or I will miss someone and I don't want to do that. You all are special and are such an encouragement to me during this extremely difficult season. God Bless you all and be encouraged. God loves you and is so proud of each one of you. You are all special to Him and me.
    Cath
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

How beautiful and encouraging! Thank you!

I've been thinking of you, and wondering how your cold is coming along.

It was wonderful to hear your saying that God is so proud of us!

Love, Judy
  3. pepper

pepper New Member

Thank you, Cath. I agree with you that knowing we are not alone and that there are others who understand means so much.

I feel safe and warm when I come here. I have had a difficult time recently and always feel comforted when I am here in this little corner of the world.

Blessings.
    Pepper
  4. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Thanks for a lovely post.
  5. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Amen to all of what you posted. It is a warm place to come here and know there are many who can relate to what we are experiencing. I am reading Where Is God When It Hurts by Philip Yancy. It takes me forever to have time to get through a book. This is good for this particular book when it is absorbed slowly. I almost feel like in the end we will be the ones that are blessed. We are the ones who were able to enter that special intimacy with the Lord that much of the world may never experience because they are too busy going for money and power and prestige. If a person doesn't have a great need then it is so easy to become self absorbed into their own little world. Those of us who have great needs know that most of the world cannot meet that for which we are seeking. We all know that many people in the world are uncomfortable with suffering and want to run from it when they see it in others. That makes for a very lonely place for us sometimes. That is the beauty of this board. I thank God for this board and all the lovely people on it. Thanks for reminding us of this.

Love,
    Nancy

PS How are you feeling now? Are you getting any better with this sickness that you have had for such a long time?
    I am still praying.
  6. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Caffey that is beautifully put, I am so glad you posted it.

I do love to come here too and feel such a warmth and blessing from this wonderful group we call family.

You are right, I do feel very lonely and alone, I don't get out too much any more, but I don't get to always come on here either, but I feel so good when I do.

I am glad you enjoy it here as well and find it a family and a blessing, as I do too.

hugs

kgangel
  7. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

It IS a blessing to know we all each have friends here we have never met and KNOW that they are praying for us.

Gods richest blessing to you all!
    Love,
    PC
    [This Message was Edited on 10/15/2006]
  8. MamaR

MamaR New Member

You are so right! We have a GREAT Group of people that really, really cares for each other. I love and appreciate you all. I ask God to take care of all the needs here...even when I can't be here to read and post.

With my love...Mari